Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 14 February 2014

Hanging Hearts...

Happy Valentines Day!

We are getting close to the end of the red madness I promise guys, I am working as you read this on some nice, simple pastel stuff!  Today's creation is on the picture on Monday however the group photo is deceptive as this box isn´t hanging.

I thought this would make a great container for sweets, flowers and all manner of gifts, also made in white or cream it would make a nice wedding favour or flower holder for the bridesmaids.

This is based on the same Sizzix die from earlier in the week however It can be hand made and cut without the die. 

For this one I die cut 2 of the hearts and 4 of the side pieces however I cut off the folds from the side pieces and stuck 2 together.  Next I embossed the hearts and rubbed white chalk ink over before making up the box.  Once the 2 hearts are stuck to the sides it leaves the top open, the hanger is made simply by sticking ribbon to each side.  This I did by punching holes in the sides and threading the ribbon through.

Finally I decorated this with the Marianne ivy die I featured last week however this time I inked the die with green distress ink for the veins. This was finished with a simple paper rose and the banner with TRUE LOVE sentiment.

In this final picture I have loaded some of the die cut and padded hearts (more to follow as these will be used for Mothers Day)  You could fill it with flowers, sweets, chocolates whatever you heart desires.

Enjoy..

10 comments:

  1. Hi John. I have loved this weeks blogs, it is great having them all together. Love this gorgeous heart box, it is so pretty and so useful for many occasions (and you have used my favourite ivy die:) ) Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Another stunning box, very pretty and yes it could be used for many occasions.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful box, which could be used for so many different occasions John, will definately be putting this one on the back burner to try out in the future. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous xx amazing where you get all your ideas from xx Happy Valentines day too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely box John ,love the embossed front and the white chalk ink is so effective .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty John, love the ivy. Just had a special day out at Oliies and then lunch.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    Another lovely box. I've enjoyed all your themed cards and gifts as well. And you've used that lovely ivy die too! As always, so MANY good ideas.
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    I have enjoyed everything this week, keep up the good work.
    Belated Happy Valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another good idea John, thank you for this week, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please accept my condolences at this sad time. We would have forgiven you if you hadn't posted!

    ReplyDelete