Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Box of Love...


Happy Wednesday!

Now I know today isn't Saturday and so it really shouldn't be a box but why not! lol

Now there are two ways to make this, the easier one is using a Sizzix die which cuts the pieces Click HERE to see the Sizzix option .

The other way is to hand or die cut two hearts and use the technique for making circular box´s (there will be a tutrorial for this from me however I know the tutorials are stcking up!)



The box is made in a basic red PMD cardstock then the patterned paper from My minds Eye is cut to the same size, inked and struck over.

I decorated the top quite simply with a strip of ribbon, a bow and some of Wendy's beautiful hatpins.  I thought, as I cant keep using chocolates as I eat them all, that the box would be perfect for the hatpins to go in so that's how I photographed it.





The finished measurements are about 12 cm x 12 cm so its a decent sized box that holds quite a few choccies!

Postscript - I have actually written a tutorial for this box,  it should go live next Tuesday...

Enjoy...






11 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Looking forward to the tutorial for your very pretty box.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just have to borrow this die!!! Dont those pins look stunning!!!!!

    Hope all goes well for you today and tomoz, hugs Wendyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank babe just got here wins so bad I've been redirected to Birmingham! Lol ant was really pleased! Lol back home in leics traveling up north tomorrow had to hire a car as weather so bad! How's your mum? Xx

      Delete
  3. Hi John. Love this box. It is so pretty and also useful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely project John, looks a very useful size. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab box - fab hatpins - it is fab xx can't wait for the tutorial xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Looking forward to seeing how you cut this out.

    Love Wendys pins.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. john this is beautiful ,such a great idea and so well made ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John you have bright in my day,we have terrible storms here in Cork.
    The card is stunning.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean I've just flown into the uk and have been redirected to another airport due to the wind and storms can't wait to get home
      John x

      Delete