Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Something Simple...

Happy Tuesday!

Today's card is a simple white and burgundy and is deceptively simple looking.

This card started as a waste piece, I needed a circle and decided to cut it form the centre of a piece of card in case I wanted to use the piece as a mat.  I noticed there was enough to make a folded card.  Next I added the stamped die cut that did not work in another project on top of a piece of burgundy that happened to fit exactly on the inside rear of the card.

The flowers were a happy accident as I cut an old Sizzix die I'd bought on eBay which produced the most delicate small flowers and foliage.  I shaped these and simply started layering these as a spray on the front.  The centers of the flowers have no centers so a few pearls filled these gaps but also looked nice peeking over the aperture.



A delicate card but I hope you will agree effective.

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Great card John, love that wonderful flower arrangement

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Sooo pretty. The flower spray is gorgeous. Thought it was SB Cherry Blossoms but stunning either way.
    Have Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous card John. Those flowers are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    A very pretty card, love the flower spray.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John, to produce such a very pretty card from bits and pieces you had previously put to one side is wonderful. Love the flower spray and the sentiment you have chosen, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card John, particularly the spray of flowers. They remind me of those which come with a branch in Spellbinders (cherry blossom?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Gorgeous card, would make a stunning wedding card. The tiny flowers are beautiful, are they even smaller than Spellbinders cherry blossom? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and absolutely luv the flowers and how you have assembled them - they look fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John a very pretty card,and I images quick to make
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card John ,flowers are so delicate .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    what a super card. Love the beautiful delicate flower spray.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete