Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 18 January 2014

Something New...Not Different

Happy Saturday,


Due to camera issues I'm not able to post different Saturday today hopefully this week will be something different Sunday!





Todays card is made with the die I bought on my trip to our local craft shop with wendy a couple of weeks ago.  As usual I cut one of these then put it away for another day.  However this time it quickly came back out.


The die is a new window die from Tonic, here I have married it with a spellbinders circle die that fits the centre panel perfectly.  The die comes in two pieces, the trellis and then the outline, this allowed me to cut two of the main elements then cut the right sized window from the card blank.


Once the window was cut I decorated two of the main trellis die cuts with pearls and mounted them on top of each other, using foam pads, however I rotated them so that a more complex pattern emerged.  Its easier to see the pattern created on this picture.

The sentiment is stamped onto acetate, stamp from Indigblu, so that it floats in the centre panel.  I backed this with one of the centre circles behind (as it was difficult to read on the purple.  I added a a sheet of royal purple onto the rear of the card as the deep colour makes the white shine.






Simple but effective,

Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. Just Awesome John, Just Love it. Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Yet another beauty. Love the dark blue behind the white! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Fantastic creation. Love the way you rotated the second die cut to achieve that pattern. . .genius!
    The Tonic dies have never really appealed but having seen this stunner, I shall look with fresh eyes.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Love your card, I borrowed this die from a friend, I did not think to turn like you, just shows you have a good imagination.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very imaginative, gorgeous, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card John, I'm finding I'm buying more Tonic and Tattered lace dies than Spellbinders these days, they come out so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely a stunner John and I love that die xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice card,Tonic brought out some nice dies lately, much bigger than the tattered lace .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card John and luv how you have used the dies (reminds me a bit of a kaleidoscope pattern) and luv the Indigo Blu stamp - got a few of them myself as I luv the font xx have a brill weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like I'm must investigate Tonic dies John. There have been a lot on TV of late but in "bundles" and seemed dearer than others if bought individually but this card is so clever in it's design that another look seems warranted, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    what a stunning card. Love what you have created with this super die.
    I too would very much like to own a few of these gems of dies.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete