Sunday, 19 January 2014

Something Different Sunday...

Happy Sunday...

As I mentioned yesterday I wasn't able to post this yesterday and so Saturday becomes different Sunday!  I also have to say that I am a little disappointed with today's different which is a Photo album.  Last week I mentioned to hazel at work that I was struggling to think of anything for this weeks different project.  She sent me straight off to the Charity Shop next door to find inspiration and I did!  I now have loads of things to up-cycle and ideas of what to make.

This album is simply covered with a sheet of PMD white cardstock into which I have die cut Spellbinders Gold Elements one corner in a square pattern.  I placed a sheet of parchment behind the die cut then foam mounted this onto the front of the album.


Next I added a ribbon tie under the front and added a frame of gold mirror card.  The sentiment, designed as an anniversary gift, is stamped then embossed before being mounted on top.  A simple construction process that took hours of measuring and cutting!


Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and I can understand what you mean about the measuring but it looks perfect - luv it xx early response as I am away but travel home today so back to blogging when I get home xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, I really love this project you have done you come up with some great ideas hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Why the dickens are you disappointed, its terrific! What a smashing gift this would make, its wonderful!
    Enjoy your day off.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation John. Someone Will love this treasure. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Why oh why are you disappointed, this is fabulous and anybody receiving it would be over the moon.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. But now you have done it once you can recreate it John so the hours of measuring and cutting won't go to waste and it is such a lovely gift, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful creation John, someone is going to be delighted with this. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    what a superb creation. I for one would be overjoyed to receive such a lovely keepsake of a creation, like this.
    Really love your dies you use, with such expertise.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks stunning and I can imagine it took ages to get right ,BEAUTIFUL.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John , stunning creation , elegant and fab xx

    ReplyDelete