Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Something Different Saturday

Happy Difference!

Something Different Saturday is Back (I hear groans from around the country "Not MORE Box's!" lol)  I'm afraid paper engineering is my favorite paper-crafting so I'm afraid its back to the 3D and box after box!





As you can see today's creation is a candle box, only for electronic candles or ones that are not to be lit may I add.  This is made with Spellbinders expandable pattern die and acetate.  The lid, next picture, is removable and is made as a separate piece using a Fan die from Tonic.








The piece is made using Core'dinations card-stock which has been cut, embossed and sanded to give an impression of carved wood.


Low on description hopefully highish  on style!

Enjoy...










14 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Wow! this is fantastic, you are very clever, I don't mind seeing your lovely boxes. so bring them on.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic, amazing, beautiful. So love the die you've used, it reminds me of a pergola. Love seeing your boxes John so carry on.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Blimey, I thought it was a candle at first. Absolutely stunning matey. The box I get but I need to know how you did that lid.
    Thanks for the reply about the bow.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - stunning on style - luv it xx I have this die and I need to re-visit it!! I struggle to cut it out but will defo try again xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. I would be disappointed if you didn't show a box or 3D goodie on Something Different Saturday! I love this candle cover, and the lid really finishes it off. Beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow John, that looks amazing, have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please don't apologize for engineering, I love it.This is amazing, who would believe you could do so much with paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the box John, especially as I have three of these candles, and the main die... just short of the Tonic one, but I may be able to adapt another one... Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning John, I just love everything about this. Especially the lid, it is a work a genius. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not groaning ,I love your boxes and this one is fab too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, WOW you have done it again. You paper engineering projects astound me. I would love it if you could give more details on how to make the lid as I would love to make this.

    Thanks again

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful idea John. Janice x

    ReplyDelete