Thursday, 16 January 2014

Something Borrowed...

Happy Thursday!

One of the major benefits of living next door to a crafter is the ability to borrow, todays card is made with a die I borrowed form Wendy next door.  Now she purchased this die when I was with her in the local craft shop however she spotted it first denying me the chance to purchase, since then I had forgotten it however when we again went to our local craft shop last week I remembered it and asked to borrow it.  This card is made using the borrowed die and some Core´dinations cardstock I bought whilst I was there.


I started by cutting, embossing and sanding the central panel using the aforementioned Sizzix iron gate die.  I mounted this onto a sheet of acetate and hand cut a cream frame so that the central piece appeared to be floating.


The sentiment panel is cut using Spellbinders fancy tags one which again I cut, embossed and sanded however I layered these in the centre usingf foam tape for dimension.  I managed to find a matching ribbon in my burgeoning collection and tied this down the side with a double bow (hand tied Mrs Duck!!) This was finished with a Hobbycutz lasercut butterfly and the everpresent pearl.

Not my usual Colours but I actually like it, me Peach what has 2014 come to!!

Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. Hi John. Beautiful card. This is a lovely die, I can see why you wanted to borrow it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and luv the colours xx the technique for the middle of the card is fab too xx luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Your bows always look fab whether hand tied,bow makered or done round your toes!
    Gorgeous card. Love how you elf the sentiment. Nesta got me that die for my birthday last year and I should use it more often.
    Can't believe you bought more card. You already have the EEC card mountain at Casa Lockwood!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't a scoobie where "elf" came from. . .should have been "did" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always John, beautiful card, with a beautiful die. I really like how this card turned out. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Loving your peach card, its beautiful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colour combo John, and the die (which I don't have, grrr.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card John - and the peach shows your not afraid of being versatile!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete