Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 23 January 2014

Playing

Happy Thursday...

I've been trying to die cut with felt for as long as I can remember however I've never been able to make a success of it!  I finally realised that I was using too high a quality felt I needed a fine polyester one I finally found some in the local (or one of the local its like poundshops over here Chinese shops seem to be on every corner there's 5 within a 2 mile radius of where I work)





That said this felt cuts beautifully and so I tried Spellbinders Bauble blossoms and so these flowers were born!  I used 2 die cuts of white felt for each flower and simply rolled them from the middle in turn using Anita's tacky glue (this seems to be the best glue as its gets tacky quickly) to seal the flowers.

Next I added a velvet ribbon looped with some of Wendy's stunning hat pins an a few inked Foliage leaves form Spellbinders.

I needed a smart yet simple card to house this and matched white and teal together.  To make the background I used the waste from the card I made for Elaine Click HERE to see it.  I noticed when I was cutting the squares that the waste piece was stunning in itself so when cutting the squares I laid them out to create this set of frames.

I then die cut a simple square in the same card placing the centre die from spellbinders Adorning Squares.  I foam mounted the frame over the teal card and then foam mounted the squares in the centre with an, ever present, pearl in the middle.

Finally, sorry this description is taking an age for a simple looking card, I mounted the piece onto white then added a strip of matching velvet ribbon across the left hand side to balance the flower arrangement.

It's not often I am proud of a card or creation but I LOVE this one, hope you like it too...


Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Beautiful card matey. I've never used felt but looking good!
    Don't forget that ebay ribbon link.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John. Interesting what you say about the felt. I haven't actually tried felt flowers as Sue Wilson has always said you need the best wool felt and not synthetic for the dies to cut properly so perhaps I should give it a go with the cheapy felt I bought to sew Christmas baubles. You have made a lovely card and no wonder you are proud of it, really nice, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card John, the flowers are gorgeous. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    beautiful stunning card yet again. I love those beautiful flowers. Never tried felt either, but a tip Planet Susie said she used on felt and it worked, was to spray your felt with a starch spray to strengthen the fibers. Hope that helps in the future, if you have the wrong sort.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please export one of your Chinese shops to me John, I think we could do with one of those here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. This is a stunner! I can see why you love it. The flowers are beautiful too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John this cars is a work of art,you put Sue Wilson in the shade ,you should apply to Spellbinders or other Die company ,to be a designer and be paid to show case their Dies.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card yet again John, luv everything about it and what a fab way to save card by using the negative to make another superb card xx I have received your card today and it is absolutely fab and loaded with your signature pearls xx we have a house abroad and the local town now has an abundance of Chinese clothes shops but not sure that they sell pearls/felt etc but next time we are there I will have to have a good root around xx thanks again for the fab card xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    A stunning card, love the flowers and the ribbon is the finishing touch.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the flowers ,they look great .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant, the flowers are awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  12. John
    You should be proud of ALL your creations - they are always fabulous and some more fabulous than others (like today). And now we discover that while you're making one card, you're planning another with the WASTE! My waste is all higgeldypiggeldy so I'd never be able to turn in a stunner like this one! I still keep the offcuts though - you know, just in case...
    Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete