Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

More Felt???

Happy Wednesday,

Its Wednesday so I'm afraid its a quick post as working last night!  I've been playing again with felt and Spellbinders Bauble Blossoms and made this, simple, white felt flower.  I wanted a striking card to highlight it and came up with this Brown and Kraft card affair.

This is a layered card using the two colours of PMD cardstock and a sheet of First Edition striped paper from the Silent Night pack ( actually one from last Christmas however there are some lovely plain-ish papers in thee).

After cutting a set of mats and layers I cut into the last two using a spellbinders rectangle die and under mounted them over the patterned paper.    I wrapped a wide strip of satin ribbon ( a new Chino shop bargain) and made a bow to hold a couple of Wendy's hatpins and the flower.

Enjoy...













AS you can probably tell this is another card that I personally LOVE (two in the same month, whats happening!!!)




























9 comments:

  1. Hola John
    I like the design but you know Im not a browns girl. I kinda feel something is missing but Im not sure what, as your flower and the pins are lovely so its probably
    me.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I love it, simply beautiful. The felt flower looks so good on the browns, and the hat pins and bow finish it off a treat. I hope that you make it a hat trick of cards that YOU are so proud of : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design John, but I think I'd have to use slightly less sombre colour scheme. The whole card emphasizes the flower, such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colour combination John and the flower is one to be proud of, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and layout and the little flower, but I am not a brown person (sorry), I think I might have a go at this one but with a different colour. (If you don't mind) lol Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card again and luvin the flower and the hatpins xx we need a Chinese shop here selling all these little goodies xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Love your card, but I think I also would have used lighter colours. I love Wendy's hat pins.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. not a lover of brown but this is so elegant looking,love the hat pins .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    another really striking card. Love the design and that fab felt flower.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete