Sunday, 12 January 2014

HobyCutz Challenge 2014

Happy Sunday,


After a Christmas Break Today is the first new Hobbycutz challenge of 2014 and its a really easy challenge this week New Year, New Baby or New stash!  I am sure that everyone will have something to enter into this challenge There are prizes on offer for the winner so give it a go HERE
.


My design team card for this challenge was quite easy to choose as I didn't get any new stash for Christmas (note to self write Mr Next Door a list next year!) nor do I like making baby cards so It had to be New Year!


This is a large card  18cm x 18cm, I made it this large to to effectively showcase the laser cut circle.  I started by cutting a square of burgundy card, matting it on cream then running it through the Darice A4 embossing folder then die cutting a circle in the centre that matched the circle in the lasercut.


The roses and leaves are cut in the same card-stock using a Marianne flower die and the banner is hand cut.


Click over to Hobbycutz challenge HERE to see what the other Design Team Members have created!

Enjoy...

14 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Very elegant card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    New Year, tick. . . . . . New stash, tick. . . . . . . . New baby. . . . . .thank goodness no (well not that I'm aware of as I'm hoping the tummy is down to finishing off Nigella . . . . .the Christmas cake)
    Gorgeous rich looking card. Your roses are fab.
    Wiil be in this afternoon if your wind has subsided. My thighs should be tender by then. . . . . . . .chicken chasseur before you ask.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Beautiful, elegant card in gorgeous rich burgandy...wonderful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you really missed out on stash for Christmas, my sympathies to you! I've just indulged in more dies from the CHA shows (£2.99 delivery all over the world at the moment from C&C, just in case you are interested)
    Still, you came up with a really nice card, so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card John very elegant, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Very stylish card. Very rich colours.
    I took advantage yesterday of some dies from C+C. I Know I said I'd never use them again but the postage was only £2.99 to here and as I'm still in the club (God, what a horrible thought Ang - that WOULD be a January miracle) I thought I'd give them one more try.
    Last comment for a while as I'm off on the jolly hollies tomorrow.
    Take care.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val. . . . .go and wash your mouth out with soap, you naughty girl! Hope it all gets delivered this time but I do still have customer services number if there's an issue again.
      Don't you get enough sun without jetting off Missy!
      Have a good in.
      Ang x

      Delete
  7. Fab card and luv the colour combo xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely John ,love the colour so rich ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John fantastic card that burgundy card is so rich .
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elegant, stylish, and I want it. Gorgeous John you are so talented.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete