Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 4 January 2014

Fudgetastic!

Happy Something Different Saturday!

I know I promised my fudge over Christmas but since the hotel we were staying in had intermittent WiFi I wasn't able to write the post. Therefore I have saved this for my first different Saturday of the year.  I have had fantastic feedback on the fudge this year as I made it into a truffle centres for some handmade chocolates.  As you can see form the picture these were placed in this years hampers, along with other goodies I have and may share later, in a cup and saucer.








I also made a large box for my mum (using the same method as the cracker box, post HERE) and filled my mini crackers with them to give to friends and neighbours (ask Wendy and Val for their opinion of these)







Recipe
350g Dark chocolate (I use a special Postre chocolate at 55% coco solids)
30g of unsalted butter
1 can Condensed Milk
Good glug of Baileys or other spirit









Method

Melt all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan on a low heat and mix until smooth.  Once all combined pour into a baking tray and place in the freezer to set. 









You can cut this into pieces once frozen and either serve as is or coat in chocolate as your own version of truffles.

To make the truffles I cut the set fudge into squares (whilst still frozen) and rolled the pieces into balls.  These became the centres which I then coated in white, milk and dark chocolate.  Other pieces were coated in cocoa powder and some were rolled in ground almonds.

Enjoy...



10 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Yum! Have only made plain fudge a good while ago but Mr Duck would love these maybe for Valentines Day.
    Thanks for that matey. Off to work this mornin and its persisting down boo, hiss.
    Hope its drier there.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Yummy, these I must try a t some point they look amazing.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I will have to give this a try. Your chocolates look so professional. You are so talented, how many more strings do you have to your bow? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Goodness John these do look good and you have me drooling at this time of the morning for chocolate ,{ not even had me breakfast yet lol }
    I will be putting your recipe in my book ready to try later in the year .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can vouch that they were quite yummy. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh John, you will be the death of me - here I am, trying to get started on a resolution to lose some weight (can't start in earnest until all the Christmas goodies have gone) and then you post a recipe for one of my fav. sweets (though I'd have to forego the booze, that would spoil it for me).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    now your speaking my language sweet treats. These look superb. You are a very clever person.
    I do bake, but have never made sweets although my Dad used to make all sorts of sweets when I was little, and that was many moons ago now. Now you know why I like sweet things.
    Happy New Year.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow John ,you are a man of so many talents .these look fantastic .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh John, these look absolutely yummy and this is coming from someone who doesn't like chocolate. lol I may have a try at making them for other people though as I am sure that they will enjoy them. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete