Friday, 31 January 2014

Tonic Returns...

Happy Friday,

can you believe its the last day of January already?  It seems 2 minutes since I was blogging my Christmas stuff and here we are end of the first month of January!  Today I wanted to post something bright to remind us that the coldest darkest weather will pass soon.

Now I know I have used the same die as yesterday ( I cant find the packet for this so sorry I am not sure what the same is guys!  However it is one of the new ones that fits a centre die in  the middle if that helps) however with a change of colour and emphasis I think it can be made to look different.  This time I've made the cut the focal element rather than the background and highlighted with a soft blue (pastel week continues in its own way lol)






I started by embossing a piece of pale blue PMD cardstock in a Darice A4 folder then double mounted this on white and blue cardstock.

The strip of 4cm ribbon(Chino shop bargain) is added before the die cut.

Finally a sentiment a bow and a couple of felt roses.  The roses are cut with a Marianne rose die.

Enjoy...






9 comments:

  1. Hi John,Your cards are magnificent with attention to every little detail.
    I like!
    The treliis die is called Tonic Stodios Boudoir Sqare, by the way.
    Best Wishes, Lis Kervill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Another fabulous card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Another lovely card. Thanks for sharing different ideas using the same die, i find it really helpful :) Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John, I didn't realise the background die was Tonic in yesterday's card but now I understand what you are using!! Another charming card, the ribbon and flowers really set it off nicely. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and beautiful colour John. Thanks Lis for telling me the name of the trellis die. lol Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv it again and how you have put the ribbon behind the die looks very effective xx and again what a fab sentiment xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    Another gorgeous creation matey. Oh how I wish we had a Chino to get some of these fab ribbons. You will have to open one in Leics!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. another fab card ,love the tonic dies ,make a card in one cut .Laura O

    ReplyDelete