Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 17 January 2014

a little darker...

Happy Friday,

This card is in very dark shades however I thought after yesterday peach confection we could do with some shade. Now this card is again made using a die borrowed from Wendy Next Door.  The main element is a Sizzix strip die which cuts the ivy trail.





I started this card by embossing apiece of the burgundy PMD card with a random embossing folder of foliage (I had to run it through the machine twice as it is an A5 folder.  Next I rubbed patina gilding wax over the raised area before mounting onto cream cardstock and placing on the inside of the card blank.

The front piece is cut at half the size of the back (difficult to see in this picture.  I have echoed the double mat and added the die cut. on foam squares, over the top.

Finally the sentiment is from Whimsey stamps which I embossed with Copper powder then cut out using the matching die.  The backing piece is also a die cut form the same set.






To give the card a lift I rubbed a little of the wax over the front die cut which doesn't show well in the picture.

Delight in the little things,

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and very rich looking xx luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and very rich looking xx luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Love the design but the colour is a bit dark for me. The ivy trail is fab.
    Day off and out for lunch with the girlies so better go and sort myself out.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card John, it always surprises me what a difference it makes putting some card through an embossing folder, can really make it. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour is just a bit too dark for me, but I love everything else about the card especially the ivy trail and the gilding wax that you used. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might be dark, but it's not gloomy - I rather like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Lovely card, yes it's dark but as Lesley said it's not gloomy.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. may be dark in colour but this is a fab looking card ,stylish .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. missed yesterday ,just looked mow and I really like it too love the floating look of the center die cat ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John.Great card. I love the ivy. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A lovely stylish card. Love the ivy die. Best wishes. Anne O

    ReplyDelete