Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 7 December 2013

Something Different Christmas Saturday

Happy Saturday Lovely people!

Todays different is, as always, a box lol however this is a series of box's each holding a surprise!  I have been trying to work out my own advent calendar and this was my first attempt.  This one is a mantelpiece decoration and the pictures truly do not do it justice.  Mainly because I don't have a mantelpiece!




As you can see this is a series of hanging box's each cut in different pieces of Do'crafts home for Christmas paper.  I have decorated each one with different die cuts using the dies I have listed below.  if you zoom in you will see the legend Merry Christmas strung across these with one letter, cut in glitter card, on each box.





Here you can see one of the box's open with a small packet of chocolates inside.


The box's were cut using a Sizzix Pro die using 12 x 12 cardstock.  Now this die needs a large machine so I have to admit that I have saved my pennies and bought a Sizzix Big Shot Pro which takes a sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock. 

The box's are threaded onto pencil stripe ribbon from Beresford's Which allows them to hang freely as a mantelpiece item or be used on the Christmas tree as baubles.




Dies used Spellbinders labels one, frosty forms, scalloped circles, snowflake pendant.

I have some ideas for using these as a full advent calendar but these may have to wait for next Christmas, hopefully I can present these early enough next year to make it available as a kit as I know this is an expensive machine and die.

Enjoy...

14 comments:

  1. Good morning John,
    Brilliant idea,might just use this for my Card Class on Tuesday.
    Ooooppps!!! Maybe not just thought of all the boxes I would need to Die Cut!!!!!!
    I use these small boxes as "Table Gifts" for all occasions not just Christmas.
    I also have an Advent Calender Box filled with these for my Grandsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Love this. Something a little different as an Advent calender. I love the way you have decorated them too. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry pressed the wrong button
    Have a wonderful weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, lots of work too. Advent calendar next year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI John,
    Wow! just gorgeous, must have taken a age to make but well worth the effort.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Oh my, what a wonderful decoration and what a time it must have taken. Each one is beautifully decorated. Don't you sleep!!! Would be great to have a kit for this next year.
    Have a good weekend.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    Great idea and great decorated boxes ,
    I have this die but do not use is very much ,so a great idea for next year i will keep it in mind .
    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a BS pro - wanted it soo much, I had it shipped from the US. I think you can guess how much that cost! It works well for me for fabrics, but I struggle with card and the thinner dies, because half the sandwich wants to go through and leave the rest behind! But I also have a Cameo, so I can still cut out little boxes that way. I love your idea, but I didn't see the letters until you pointed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful John, fab colours and such a great idea using the boxes.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola John
    Wondered when you were going to fess up about having the big boy lol !
    These are crackers, well boxes, but cracking ones. Great idea as Mr Duck is a chocoholic but will have to wait til next year.
    Was going to ask, "what mantelpiece?" but you beat me to it.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a labour of love John, these are all individual masterpieces. Good job you don't have a mantelpiece though as your chocs might have melted!! Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John fantastic idea,love every thing about the boxes
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    Your garland of boxes is stunning! However, a question - is it possible to extract the chocolate from the box and then reassemble? As a confirmed chocoholic, this would need to be a serious design consideration! LOL. Yes please, do think about a kit - even if it's just the boxes by themselves.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne,
    Yes that's the beauty of these boxes they reassemble perfectly allowing you to open, eat, refill, close, open eat etcas many times as you want!

    John x

    ReplyDelete