Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Christmas Biscuits

Happy Christmas Eve,


Here is my recepie for the Vanilla Christrmas Biscuits.

Recipe:
200g Unsalted butter
200g Caster Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
400g Plain Flour
All at Room Temperature





Method
Cream together the butter and caster until light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla and continue beating.  Slowly add the flour and mix in being careful not to over mix as this makes the biscuits tough!

Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes then remove, knead to take the chill off and roll out. 









I find that I need to use my hands to bring the dough together once the flour is mixed in this also makes them lighter than beating the heck out of it using my electric mixer!









I got my mini cutters as a set in Aldi of all places in the summer, the gingerbread man shape along with the reindeer was from my favourite Chinese shop (our version of poundland I guess)














Once cut into the desired shape place them on a baking sheet and chill for 10 minutes before putting in a 160· oven for about 10 to 12 minutes (or in my case till they look done!)
Finally I ice some of them using simple Icing sugar, Cold water and food colouring, wrap in card bags with a ribbon and gift them out.



As I can´t send a pack to all my wonderful Followers, commenters and friends (the cost of sending food items through the post from here is seriously prohibitive!) I have made a small set for the lovely Val In Spain on behalf of all of you!  Hopefully she will give us an unbiased opinion.

AS I have been so busy this Christmas with work, and the pantomime, I have been slack on the Card front.  Therefore next year I intend to make a card specifically for all my lovely regulars  Ill say more about this new feature in the new year however once the card has been posted on the blog email me your address and ill post it to you!

It simply remains for me to wish you all the Christmas you want, deserve and hope for and a Crafty New Year!

Enjoy...




 

12 comments:

  1. Hi John. Thanks for the recipe. Will try it during the hols with the grandaughters. Posting anything here is ridiculous now. It stops us being able to send things around to family and friends. Moan over, I love the card idea. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year John. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Thanks for the recipe, i will have a go at these in the New Year ,How lovely of you to make Val some from all of us Thank You , im sure she will be thinking of us all as she eats them .
    Looking forward to you sending me a card via E/mail what a great idea

    Can i just wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and thank you for your outstanding blogs , tips and ideas along with all the inspiration ,
    Have a good one !

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I'll still pretend I don't know what's in my parcel until I open it tomorrow!
    Love the recipe for the bikkies. I don't bake as you will see from your present, so that is going to be my new year resolution - have a go. What's the worse that can happen - I can only poison myself.
    Have a safe journey to Benidorm today John and may you, your mum and Ant have a wonderful, relaxing Christmas.
    Lots of love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Christmas John with Best Wishes for 2014. Thank you for your recipe for your 'biccies', I will have a go at making them today, as I don't really have anything on.
    Thank you for the inspiration, ideas and tips that you have given along the year, they have all been so great. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Don't forget the Baileys truffles recipe, especially whilst I've actually got some Baileys left lol !
    Hope Val enjoys our biscuits and you have safe travels up the road. Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Wonderful biscuits will certainly be making some for the new year. Have a Happy Christmas and a peaceful and healthy New Year.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh, they look tasty John, thanks for the recipe, but it will have to wait until next week, I have veg to prepare, etc. etc. Happy Christmas Eve to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look so nice ,look forward to more fab project next year ,have a great one .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John thanks for the recipe will give it a go later and I agree with Ang Baileys truffle recipe please. Enjoy Benidorm, my niece and her partner have the Stretford End Sports Bar there and if you feel inclined to visit there just mention my name and I am sure Lesley will give you a good old Scottish welcome.

    Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recipe - it is very good of you as you are so busy but much appreciated xx enjoy the festivities and wishing a fab Christmas to you and yours xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recipe John off to give it a try. Made a load of Baileys Truffles yesterday. Will be interesting to see your recipe for these.
    Have a wonderful Christmas & New Year. Thank you for all the Inspiration through out 2013

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    Thanks for the recipe. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Thank you for sharing so much of your talent and ideas on your blog. I enjoy reading your blog every day. Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete