Saturday, 2 November 2013

Something Different Christmas Saturday



Happy Saturday!



As we are getting closer to the Big Day (Christmas I Mean lol!) I thought the next few Saturdays should really be Christmas fayre.  I have ideas for my Christmas Decorations and gifts which I will start working on however this first week of Different Saturday is a set of Christmas cards with a matching box.

The die used for the cards and box is Spellbinders Snowflake Pendant 2013, no other die's have been used (unusual for me I know)







The cards are very simple in red and white PMD Cardstock.  I started by cutting card bases at 13.5cm followed by panels of red and white cut to 12cm square and die cut 2 snowflakes from the centre.  This gave me the apertures and the central snowflake for each card in one pass!  I then, simply, foam mounted the pieces on the front of the card.  The smaller snowflake was then mounted into the aperture with a few silver gems.

As you can see the mixture of white and red means there is virtually no wastage.












The box is made following the tutorial I did HERE.  This box however has snowflakes cut from the front panel with alternate colour snowflakes placed in the apertures.  I used the red snowflakes in random places on the front with foam pads to balance the design.








This would make a great gift or a good craft fayre product.

Enjoy...














13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards John. Love all the layers on the snowflakes. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    what a superb set of cards and box. I love the lovely rich red and crisp white colours. Great design as always.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. My favourite colours for Christmas cards, just perfect. I love the designs too, simple but elegant. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Stunning set of cards, love them all. just love the red and white, perfect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. What a beautiful set of cards and what a lovely gift it would be. I'm also thinking raffle prize for the shop!

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    You can't go wrong with red and white at Christmas. Gorgeous set and fantastic box too.
    Have a great day matey and hope its warmer there than here!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    Such beautiful cards ,with a superb box .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards John, I am so jealous of the amount of Christmas things that you are making, I have totally lost my 'mojo' and it doesn't look like I will be making many Christmas cards this year at all. :-( Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, love the lack of waste, and pretty cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card ,love the way you used up scraps.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning John. What a wonderful display of cards and with the box to match it would be a lovely gift too. Thank you for showing us how. Have a Good Day. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards and box John. Red and white always look good together. Lovely idea for xmas present. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    A beautiful set of cards and box. Lovely colours.
    Good batch cards, so maybe I won't need to buy quite so many if I try something similar. Stunning.
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete