Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 24 November 2013

Shirleys Christmas Card

Happy Sunday,

Todays card is based on the bauble I made yesterday in something different.  I made this in the same way as the filigree bauble (video Tutorial to follow hopefully on my return from Holiday!) however this version was made as a solid. 

There is a story behind this card Shirley, who I work with in the Card and Gift shop, has a thing about cards with Baubles on them.  She said once, a few years ago, that she feels they are a little old fashioned so every year since I have made her a card with the main feature element being a bauble!

As soon as I made the filigree version I knew this had to be adapted to become the focal element on her card this year.

Apart from the bauble this is a very simple card just a double mat of green and red with a background cut in cream PMD cardstock embossed with a simple spots folder.  The strip behind the focal element is from First Edition Nordic paper pad edged in gold.  I added this so the card did not look so stark.

The Merry Christmas is a Tim Holtz, for Sixxiz, die cut in the same green cardstock.


Hopefully Shirley will like the card, and get the joke!


Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Hi John. I love this, and am sure that Shirley will too : ) I will try this when I make yesterdays dec later on today. Thanks for repyling to my question. Looking at the bauble beside todays card I can see that there are several more than 4. I will try 8 and then watch the tut (hopefully). Have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Great card, I'm sure it will be loved. The small strip of paper just finishes it off beautifully.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Its a cracker matey. . . Well, a bauble but you know what I mean. Its fab!
    Good luck Mrs B flying solo without the tutorial.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Hope your first day back at work went well. At least you can catch up with washing today!!!
    I so love this bauble card and await the tutorial. I tried to do a similar one with Christmas trees. Needless to say I like yours better.
    Enjoy your Sunday. Looks like it's going to be sunny.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, a very lovely card and im sure Shirley will be thrilled when she gets it .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your solid bauble reminds me of a hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card ,i'd be glad to receive it .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    sorry I haven't been around for a while.
    I do hope you enjoyed your holiday.
    Great card today. Love that superb bauble. I bet Shirley is going to be very happy with it.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Regards Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete