Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Ship Ahoy!

Ahoy there Matey's!

As you read this me and the OH will be rushing for a train for Barcelona in order to catch a cruise ship!  We have not had a holiday ( a proper one I mean, working in Spain honestly does not count!) for a few years.  As the OH is currently on garden leave awaiting a move to a new company we decided to grab the bull by the horns and book a cruise!  so for the next 10 days we will be all at sea.

Now, I didn't want to break my record of posting every day so I have scheduled posts for the period we will be away, I will apologise now as these will be quick posts just showing the card or creation I have prepared for the day.  Please ask any questions you have by commenting and emailing me and I will reply to all on my return! 

I would also like to say how much I appreciate all the comments I receive and I how everyday it delights me to receive all of them.  I will hopefully receive any comments you make at each of the ports and can, again hopefully, update with our travels and maybe even some pics!

Back to todays card, im posting this as it seems the most nautical of what I have made in preparation for our hols!  This is made with the new Spellbinders gold ovals however although I have had this die for a few weeks, bought from Christine Embersons Hope and Chances, I had to wait till I could find a decent priced set of basic ovals to cut it with.   These dies give a beautiful embossed and debossed pattern on each however they do not cut!


 I started using this die, as I usually do, with cutting all the elements and making a simple stacked card.  This piece was placed in an aperture card covered in more of the Do'crafts V&A paper.  A couple of strips of ribbon, a bow and a banner cut sentiment and a simple card finished.






Enjoy...

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card John. Hope you and OH have a wonderful cruise, so happy you will still be posting while you are away.

    Enjoy.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Fabulous as usual mi amigo. Haven't had chance to watch yesterdays video yet but I shall. Hope you and Mr ND enjoy your trip and get to chill.
    Take care
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Ang, sorry we didn't get chance to touch base! We're now sat on a high speed train waiting to depart for Barcelona !

      John xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi John. Pretty card, I love the paper. Have a great cruise. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI John,
    Great card, love the paper you have used. Have a great hoilday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    A lovely card, i do like the background paper and of course the beautiful bow . I hope you both have a great Cruise , Enjoy !

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, love the patterned paper too. Enjoy your holiday, I wish I could afford one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luvly the card and the colour combo - have a fab cruise xx GailT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. See ya soon and I presume you want me to water the thyme left on me table!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a lovely relaxing time on your cruise John and come back full of ideas for us!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your break away ,Great card again ,love the paper.Laura O

    ReplyDelete