Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Ovals Again ?!?

Hello,

This card was made at the same time as this one using my local craft shop purchase and the Classic Ovals SM die I seem to be using heavily this week.

I started, once again, by folding a sheet of A4 cardstock in half and mounted a sheet of Navy card which I scored horizontal lines using my score-pal on top.  The simple lines of the background give such a classic twist to a card background. 

The strip across the front is cut using Spellbinders Curved borders one die using one of the filigree dies and the simple edge cut die.  I cut this twice across a sheet of cream linen card making sure that the strip was wide enough to take the focal element cut with spellbinders classic ovals SM. 

I then used other, matching dies in the set to make a strip in the same floral paper (Do'crafts V&A Collection) with a cream strip cut on top.

The focal element is cut in various sizes of the ovals in alternate colours with pearls added to the cream layers.

Finally a simple strip of navy satin ribbon with a hand tied bow and the sentiment on top.  A few pearls thrown around, as per usual at the moment, and hopefully an elegant card is ready to go.

Enjoy...

11 comments:

  1. Good morning John,
    Another stunning card, love everything you have done.
    We have been thinking along the same "lines" today
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, gorgeous card love the curved borders, have just bought them but have not used them yet. Your card has given me inspiration to give them a go.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Fantabulous as usual chuck. How spooky I called you sunshine before I even saw this.
    Once again, I bow to your talent.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Lovely card, like the scored background card, gives interest
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! And thanks for the bow tute - I have them all down pat now. Showed a friend and had to order the gadget for her too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    another super design card today. Love the pearls and the background embossing.
    I did my first tutorial on my blog last night not a video one as I haven't got a video camera, but I took heart from your wonderful camera tutorials and took the plunge as some people wanted to know how I made my flowers.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. this must be in my top 5 of your cards. Really B E A utiful. I have the other set of the curved borders. Perhaps we can swap for a while if you can bear to be parted from it?
    Anyway, love this card. Especially like the strip of floral paper, it looks like expensive material. Go easy on the pearls or the Chinese will be running out again.
    Have a great day. Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Yet another fab creation , love how you scored the card { a great idea i will try }
    I sat with a coffee and the video yesterday , and then had a practice and i must say i dont know why i thought bows were so difficult , im like Pat and getting quite a dab hand at bow making , so thank you .
    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John, I can see a great deal of work has gone into this card but it's not for me, sorry. I think it is the navy with the brown? don't really know, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. would never have put navy with these brown shades but I do like it ,Great card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete