Monday, 11 November 2013

One Die Wonder...

Happy Monday!

I thought I should soft peddle the Christmas as it is only November!

 Today is a simple card that should be an antidote to all the Red, White and Silver I've been showing so often.

This is what Christine Emberson would call a One Die Wonder (which is a series of Cards she has to produce for her Spellbinders Design Team role)  As soon as I read the idea of showcasing one die I loved it, I can't afford to buy every spellbinders die nor make cards with loads of different die cuts so the idea of using one die effectively was great.

Todays card is made with Spellbinders Ornate Squares Die borrowed form Wendy Next Door!

 A simple card with the 2 square dies cut in white and lavender and repositioned in the alternate colour aperture.  I backed ¡this with a sheet of darker lavender card so that it can be seen through the filigree sections.

Hopefully a simple but affective card, and very cheap as it's not my die!

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Looks great. Love your last sentence.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Great card, colour not very good on my pc looks like dirty pink, so I'll imagine the lavender which is one of my favourite colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I love one die wondres as I don't have that many dies, and can't afford to buy many. I have the same problem with the pink colour as Lydia but can imagine it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I wish I had a next door neighbour like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha , wish Wendy lived next door to me , { i think i have mentioned this before we could do with some Die Library"s dotted around so we could borrow and return } Oh well i can dream....
    Your card is lovely , less is more sometimes .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Yes I'm getting dusky pink too but its fab anyway. I think its easy to forget that you can do so much with a single die set.
    Cheap is not a word I normally associate with you matey lol!
    Have a good one.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card John, it must be great to have someone staying next door to you that you can borrow dies from, what a great way to get the most out of dies as they can be rather expensive. I wish Wendy stayed next door to me. lol. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great card John. Simple layout but very effective. Thanks for the offer of borrowing your dies. It would probably be better for me if I got the apartment next door to Wendy and Yourself!! I'm kiddin' don't panic!!
    Great to see you this morning and I will see you tomorrow with Paul. We'll be on your doorstep as you open.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    great card. Love the colours. Isn't it fab to have a crafting neighbour to be able to borrow dies from.
    One of my good blog friends has just lent me one of her dies. So I cut out quite a few and have now sent it back.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Regards Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your so lucky to have a close neighbour that has the same interests as yourself.Laura O

    ReplyDelete