Monday, 18 November 2013

Monday Monday Burning Bright......

Happy Monday,

I'm hoping that we are all having bright weather today however I get the feeling it wont be as its getting too close to winter!  Therefore I thought I´d show something bright that would remind us all of Summer today!

What better then than a pink peony?!?

This flower is the final one I made in the craft class I attended with Wendy in the summer.  I have worked it into a card several times before I was happy with the result.  The backing paper is First Edition Floral Pavilion fabric paper and I love the turquoise and pink which lifts the flower whilst not making it stand out Too Much!

I have, since attending the class, bought this die which is a Sizzix die although I haven't cut / assembled any yet.  I get the feeling this may not get fully used until the spring!

For today enjoy memories of summer!


John x

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant card John,
    Loving the thought of "summer" the papers you have used are beautiful.
    The "flower" ..... well what can I say ....... it is stunning. I have some if these Sizzix Dies although I like them I always go back to my SB Blossom Five.
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Beautiful summery card. It can't warm back up fast enough for me! I love the peony, what did you make it out of? I can't decide if it is paper or fabric! Whatever it is, it is gorgeous. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    We need something to remind us of Summer as it is flippin freezing in my neck of the woods,
    your card is just beautiful ,very nice papers and the peony is just lovely .
    I hope you are having a fab relaxing time
    Elaine H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    What a fabulous card, love your flower. Hope your are enjoying your holiday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of Pepsi Max! Yes, its nippy and damp so a reminder of Summer is most welcome. Love the pabric and the flower is super. . . Is it ribbon? If so, where did you get ribbon so wide?
    Happy sailing!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John, that backing paper pad is really super and suits the flower perfectly. Don't know about sunshine it's very grey and we have been promised very cold weather for the next two weeks............Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh John, this is such a pretty card. Love the colours, the paper and the magnificent flower.
    Hope you're having a great time.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just landed in the canaries having a wonderful time thanx!
      J& A x

      Delete
  8. Oooh, definitely a show stopper of a flower - and I love the paper background too. I never seem to find those really pretty florals somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the paper used in this card ,so so pretty.and the flower is fantastic too.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card John, the black layering really makes the colours stand out. A large flower topper is all that the card needs. Lovely. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and luv the flower, which Sizzix die is this as it is fab - Hope you are still enjoying your cruise xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete