Sunday, 3 November 2013

Inspired by a Song!

Happy Sunday,

I'm sorry but the Christmas bug seems to have (finally!) bitten me, three Christmas posts in a row. 

Todays offering is my Design Team inspiration for Hobbycutz Challenge, this week the challenge is "Inspired by a Song!"  I decided to use the beautiful laser cut wreath from Hobbycutz, click HERE to be transferred to the shop, and decorated it with the legend The Holly and The Ivy.

I started by covering the laser cut with gilding flakes in a simple gold and decorating the side with die cut holly and, of course, Ivy.

I cut both of these using Joanna Sheen signature dies which I cut in two shades of green alternately inked with white chalk ink and a dark green distress ink.  I shaped the leaves with a large ball tool to give them some movement.  I will, hopefully, be making a video on shaping leaves and foliage when my camera Crew returns for her cruise.

This weeks challenge is sponsored by Hobbycutz with some great prizes, click HERE to enter the challenge or to see what the rest of the DT have come up with!

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Wow! your wreath is beautiful. Love the way you have decorated it. Love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful John. Just been looking at the offerings from the other DT members and entrants - really lovely, all of them.
    Have a great Sunday. I think it might be sun bathing this afternoon!
    Looking forward to your next video when Wendy returns from the high seas.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    A very pretty Decoration, i love the holly and ivy theme , will just go and look at the others now .xx
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wreath John x Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    What a superb Christmas ornament that would make. Fandabidosi as the Krankies would say. Love it!
    Are they peel offs you have used for the words? If it looks like a peel off and walks like a peel off. . . . . .hahaha!
    Off to do my entry now for the challenge using "Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bed post overnight" as the song inspiration.
    Be good.
    Ang x

    PS, will Hobbycutz be at the NEC this week do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant wait to see it! It's not a peel off but a stamp! I stamped it in versamark then embossed with Mirror Gold embossing powder. Thanx for the pix I will have a go as soon as I get a mask!! lol

      John x

      Delete
  6. Hi John,
    what a stunning wreath. I love what you have done to this.
    Thank you for info of where to buy it.
    Regards Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab wreath today,stunning.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, what a fab idea!

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love what you have done with this John, and love all the Holly, clever connection too....
    Sorry I haven't been around much, so calm down now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. John you did it again, what an amazing decoration!!!! I love you Bow Making Video as well! Thanks for that lovely idea to make our own bow maker. My love of my life is a joiner and can make 1 for me and Kobie. You are a very talented man!!!
    Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. This wreath is beautiful, John.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete