Friday, 8 November 2013

Christmas Friday

Happy Christmas Friday,

Todays card is once again along the traditional colours and style however this weeks uses a die cut Christmas tree as opposed to an embossed one like last week.

The tree is cut in red, cream and gold mirror card and layered up which makes the tree stand out.

The card base is cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Borders One using the hinged method.  I cut just the front with the curve otherwise it doesn't stand it just rocks!



AS you can see in the picture the back of this hinged card is cut straight at the same measurement as the longest part of the curve.

The tree is a Marianne die form last year which, to be honest, I have hardly used as it is a little small and delicate however by flat layering as |I have here it seems to work. 

The paper is, again, First Edition Nordic stack 8 x 8 fabric paper which has a wonderful texture.  I edged all the pieces in gold Mirri card and added a simple strip of ribbon and a double bow as in my video tutorial, click HERE if you missed it or want another look!

Enjoy...





10 comments:

  1. Hi John. Gorgeous card. I love the way you layered the Christmas tree, which is very pretty by the way, and the backing paper is lovely. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh John your card is just beautiful , lovely background paper and i just love the dies and style you have used putting the tree to one side ,a very very pretty card .

    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    Fabulous card, just my cup of tea, love it all. Perfect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I so love this card. The little reindeer is just in the right place. Great way of layering the tree and the paper is fabulous.
    Bye for now.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I have this tree die! I never thought of layering it, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, this is very much my type of card and I love the backing paper you have used. NEC tomorrow so won't be joining you so have a good weekend. best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    Another dose of festive gorgeousness. The papers are beautiful. Was tempted by some 12x12 of this pad at NEC yesterday (a steal at £6.99) but I had already bought some others and reined myself in.
    Still feel shattered but a good day had by all.
    Take care
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh John ,what can I say,only this card is so so so beautiful.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    super Christmas card. Love the design and papers used. Really fab colours too.
    Love it.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete