Thursday, 7 November 2013

Beige Fold Card

Happy Thursday!,

Todays card is a move away from the ovals of earlier in the week into squares, even if they are a little circular and filigreed!

Todays card started with another sheet of paper from the Do'crafts V&A collection (still a little Laura Ashley I feel) However I have used this on the inside back of the card and cut an aperture using the largest die from Spellbinders Adorning Squares die.  I cut the aperture in each sheet of card used for the layering, Cream base card chocolate, Kraft and another cream layer.

The centre element is a floating frame using Spellbinders labels Twenty Two I used the two largest dies to cut this frame in Kraft cardstock.  This die has a cut at each side which I have used as a ribbon thread.  I wrapped the ribbon separately through each side attaching this at the back, a few pearls and finished.




The card at this stage looked a little plain so I needed  something in the aperture, I went for the smallest die from the set and stamped a simple waltzing mouse sentiment, mounted this onto the waste from the frame and foam mounted it onto the back.








Finally I finished with a classic style double bow on the back to balance the design out. 


Personally I like the card best folded so that the inside is the front however there is no accounting for taste!!

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card. I love the floating frame. Take care.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Wow i love this card ,Such a pretty background along with the cream and chocolate card , i like the added ribbon thread through the die , a very clever card im thinking .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the floating frame. Thought it was acetate at first but realise it's held on by the ribbon. How ingenious. Must admit I prefer the card with the aperture at the front.
    Enjoy your day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a WOW card. I love the floating frame idea, held in by just the ribbon - one to attempt, even if I have to substitute the dies, as I don't have that set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Another clever idea from you with the floating frame, love the card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI John - I personally like them both but can I just ask you a question? is the frame with the ribbon on the front of the card just suspended with the ribbon? It looks fab but so does the inside of the card too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail thanx for your comment! The die cut on the front is just suspended with the ribbon in the aperture there is no acetate involved. Hope this helps,
      John x

      Delete
  7. Hi John,
    fab design of card. What a very clever idea. Love those colours used. I personally like the aperture front., but we all different tastes and that's what makes us all individuals.
    Thank you so much for your visit and comment on my tutorial, I don't ever think I would have done it without the influence of your blog, and your great tutorials.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice card ,I like it would leave the floating frame off it ,the rest is great .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola John
    Gosh its late and yours is the only blog I'm visiting before bed, worn out from NEC and meal out with the Scottish crew and Christine Harrop. . . Only got home about 45 mins ago!
    I have to agree, that I prefer the inside on the outside rather then the floaty bit but its late and the eyes are struggling to focus. Gorgeous papers btw.
    Buenos noches.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete