Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 5 September 2013

The Power of Blog!

Good Morning Crafty Friends,

Firstly thanx for your comments yesterday I certainly split opinions on this one!  I can see now why I didn't post it, sorry the link didn't work click HERE to see the card I actually posted! (Honest it works this time!)  For Maggie P, and anyone else who asked, when I say PMD card I am referring to Paper Mill Direct.  I sent a plee out amongst my readers and followers a few months ago for a supplier of card that would send to me here in Spain for a reasonable cost and PMD was the clear winner.

Todays card was made with a specific friend in mind, thankfully I asked Mr Next Door to choose one for her and this is the one he chose.  I'm not saying who it's for she will know when she receives it! lol

This is a quite simple card to make, firstly I ran a sheet of milk chocolate coloured card and ran the whole sheet through a Darice Embossing folder and gently rubbed Creative Expressions Pearl Moon Gilding wax over the raised sections.  This was folded into an A4 Card and I cut three of the centre panel dies from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles to create 3 windows or apertures through to the inside back.  The die cuts from these apertures were then placed on the inside back of the card on top of a piece of rich brown card.  The picture shows what I mean here, hopefully!

To finish the front I simply added a strip of cream ribbon and a simple bow behind which I tucked 2 die cuts from the Joanna Sheen Signature range.  The apertures had acetate placed behind them to give a finished look.

To complete the inside I stamped, using versamark and gold embossing powder, the word friend from Do'crafts Love Letters. This was foam mounted and a further Ivy Flourish tucked behind and on top.



I have called this blog post The power of Blog as this card is intended for a friend I have made through my blogging, someone who is enthusiastic, honest,  critical and above all kind!

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Looks like I'm up and about first today!
    Simple to make, you say, but none the less very effective. I like this one very much. I have a 'man' card to do soon and something along these lines will fit the bill. You do such lovely bows John, I'll bet you learned to tie your shoes early!
    Thank you for your inspiration. Happy Thursday.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Great,card. I love the colours that you used. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure she will love it!! I preferred yesterday's card to the one you did post.:)

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous andgreat idea. Cant wait to see who this for. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John,
    A fantastic card, love everything about this. Oh! I wish it was for me me I would be "over the moon" to get this stunning card.
    Might just have to do a take on this one. At the moment I am doing a few cards using "Basic" Dies.

    I much prefer this to yesterday`s but love the original that you posted back in August.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, I love today's card~ the colours,the composition,the bow~everything's perfect! Thanks for the PMD info,will look on their website.Enjoy your day.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Lovely card, I have PDM's card for a long time now very good quality and value and fast deliver.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea John! I have oval dies, but I think mine are too wide to get three on a card, I'll have to go look. I think I would have cut those first and then embossed, because it annoys me when the embossing gets flattened in my Calibur, but that's me.

    I live in Ireland, so I'll have to explore PMD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John and another wow of a card. Your friend cannot help but love the colours and design you have created. I also use PMD at times for their card stock, their big boxes are very good value for anyone who hasn't tried them and I think they still send out sample packs to see before you buy. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golly gosh John what a simply fantastic card ,i love everything about it the flourish of ivy behind the perfect bow , WOW Fantastic ! and beautiful colors used ,Your friend will be so happy to receive this im sure .

    Elaine H X

    PS ,I liked your card posted in August x

    ReplyDelete
  11. another fantastic card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. What a lucky lady she will be to get such a beautiful card. This card is such a lovely idea. Love the apertures and the pretty embossing behind it. Definitely got the x factor.
    Loved the card that you posted in August by the way.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card John and whoever receives it will be over the moon. Sorry there have been no comments of late, things not too good at my end and I will post when I can. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola John
    A beautiful card and obviously sent from the heart. The recipient will adore it and is as everyone says, a lucky lady.
    I remembered the other card as soon as I saw it. Liked it then and still do.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ps. . . . .I too use PMD card. Excellent quality. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John another fab., card one lucky person will be very happy.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  18. John, I don't know where you get all your ideas from, but keep them coming!!!. Another lovely card. Janice x

    ReplyDelete