Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 21 September 2013

Something Different Saturday

Happy Different Saturday!

Now whilst this is a box it is a set of note cards as well and the box and set is of a decent size!

The last few card box's I have made have been on the small size however this one is 14cm x 14cm and takes cards and envelopes up to 14cm.

The cards I have made to go inside are 13 x 13 with the envelopes at 13.5 x 13.5.







This shot shows the front and the flap in better detail.  Bothe the square of filigree at the front and the flap are made using the triangular die from Spellbinders Gold elements one set.

This creates a lovely window to see what is inside however for the tutorial I am planning a slightly different front.

I have included a close up picture as I personally really like the look of this!







The cards inside are simply made using a spotty paper form my local craft shop and an old Anna Griffin floral stamp.

The edge is another of Joanna Sheens signature dies which I cut after I adhered the paper to a square card blank (ready cut cards sold with the envelopes)

Finally the sentiment "Just a note" is stamped with a vintage notes stamp form Do'crafts.

As per I have planned a tutorial for Tuesday on this one should anyone fancy making a set!








Enjoy...



15 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes!!! Lovely. Thank you John.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, very pretty. Because I am ancient, I'm going to have to go look at a ruler to see what 14cm is in inches! Other than that, I have a corner die on the way to me, so I think I could probably make something similar once my die arrives. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait for this tut. Want to make for my fat club girls. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    Yes, please! I would love to make a set of cards in this box. I have the corner die and will need to improvise for the edge with something different. They are SOOOOO pretty.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Love the box and the cards, so pretty. I wil be trying this. The corner die is so versitile isn't it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo yes i fancy making a set , i have not got this corner die but have got 3 others i could find one to fit the bill im sure , looking forward to the Tutorial Tuesday .

    Have a nice weekend

    Elaine H X

    PS who was the lucky Lady that received your beautiful card ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    I love this idea. What a superb creation. Love the design and colours used in it. Fab dies used too.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    This is fabulous, love it all ,you are so clever, such a lovely gift to give. Will have a try at this when you post the tutorial. I'm waiting for the gold corner dies to arrive which I got on ebay at a very reasonable price with free p&p.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola John
    Well, I can only echo all the other ladies and say fantastic!
    Im already thinking about what other dies I can use to create a see through effect.
    I've taken the plunge and entered the HOC challenge.
    Hope you and Wendy manage to get some of that card on Monday!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab John ,so pretty love the box to go with them.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait for this tutorial John, I have already made a box which has notecards in it and stamps etc, but I really like this one. Roll on Tuesday. lol. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. This is such a special gift. I have the corner die and like everyone else am waiting for Tuesday for your tutorial,
    Have a good weekend. Wish I was in England to visit Ally Pally.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really nice box John. Love the die that you have used. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How elegant and lovely! Fabulous box and cards!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete