Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 14 September 2013

Something Different Saturday

Happy Saturday,

I can't believe its been a week since my last different offering, time seems to fly!  Todays offering, you'll be pleased to hear is not a box!  In fact the box is the same as last weeks, see the tutorial on the box HERE, however this week I am focusing on the item I made to go in the box.

Todays offering is a paper tree.  Whilst this looks simple it is time consuming however I thought it could be decorated in many different ways for Spring, Summer, Autumn or even Christmas. 

I used Spellbinders Foliage die along with the opalescence die based ink pad in peacock that seems to have been used every day this week!


Quick post as all the time spent designing and making this one, tutorial on Tuesday!

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Is there no end to your creativity?! Amazing use of the die, love the peacock colours too. You must have spent ages turning the handle on your new machine - dont' wear it out or OH will have to buy you another for Christmas!
    Happy Saturday to you too
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh John my arm aches at the thought of how many times you would have had to crank the handle on your GC to produce all the foliage for this project. It is beautiful and i adore the peacock ink. Looking forward to the tutorial.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. You've done it again. Where do your ideas come from? This is so beautiful and I bet so time consuming but definitely worth it. Love the peacock ink.
    Enjoy your day.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,what a wonderful object~I'm sure that whoever you give this to, will adore it.
    Take care, Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Wow this is certainly different, must have taken you an age to cut the leaves but it was worth it. Very clever.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Well, this is definitely different. Its not my kind of thing as a decor item but I can appreciate how much thought and effort has gone into making it. Don't you get breaking that Calibur . . . . . .look at the hassle poor Wendy had trying to get one.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. I love the tree(and you can't use the peacock colour too much as far as I am concerned) How many times did you have to turn that handle to get enough leaves cut? You are so dedicated. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John

    How patient you are , such a novel idea if i had done it i would never give it away it would have pride of place in my living room .

    Love your photography to display it too, well done !

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely idea John, how many did you have to cut out to cover that ball !!!. A lovely present. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really clever, great idea :) xx

    ReplyDelete