Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 7 September 2013

Something Different Saturday

Happy Saturday All!

Something different is back with, you guessed it, a Box!  Today I am presenting a Hexagonal gift box.

This box is made using Acetate, PMD Cream card and an X-Cut Hexagonal die (one of my new purchases on my recent U.K. Buying trip).

The bottom is solid with the acetate sides attached however the lid is removable, hence the ribbon handle.  As with all my prototypes this is decorated quite simply with ribbon and a gift tag stamping with stamps from Creative expressions in beige and charcoal.  I am hoping to have something a little more decorative for the tutorial on Tuesday.  AS I am sure you are aware by now to create the tutorial I have to backwards engineer the box to get the measurements and work out how best to describe the workings.





For now I hope you like me new box, Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Fabulous box, you are very clever.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Love the box and the colour and the beautiful tag.

    Have a good day in the rain!!!

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice box John ,nice neutral colours.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John, your box looks very classy and expensive so I know we will all be looking out for your tutorial!! Have a great weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really classy in those colours. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, John, and I can cheat, as I have a Cameo that could cut this for me. I'd never thought of acetate for box sides, but yours works so well, I can imagine all sorts of things which would look good in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, this box is amazing, you are so clever.Looking forward to your tutorial, but doubt if mine will look so good.
    Enjoy your weekend, Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. More wonderful En John eering. Thank you. Can't wait for the tutorial.
    Happy Saturday, wet one here today.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the box John, will be making as soon as you have completed the tutorial. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John , i just love your Box i have to agree with Jackie as it looks so classy and expensive , i love the colors you have used along with the tag with a little handle ,and of course your fab bow placement , truly inspirational ! I am already thinking of gifts to put in it for Xmas.

    Have a good weekend
    Elaine H X

    PS i got my order made at PMD it certainly is a lot cheaper than my craft shop and the TV channel i usually use .x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Box John, really like it in the acetate, very classy.
    I could use that die right at this moment!!!!!
    Looking forward to the Tutorial.

    I am working on a similar box but from measurements and scoring it........we will see how mine turns out.
    Have a great Weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola John
    Sorry Im late but have had a few hours of watching men racing fast cars ont telly.
    Your boxes are always stunning and elegant.
    Hope you and Wendy are at it again tomorrow with your mojo.
    Have a great evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classy, elegant box John. I love using acetate for my boxes, great inspiration - thank you. Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete