Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Sending Smiles....

Happy Wednesday!

On Monday I posted a card for Ita who had to go into hospital, as soon as this post went live I realised I had completely missed posting this card I made for Jenifer of Krafty Keepsakes who has also recently had a stay in hospital.  I really felt I wanted to send her smiles as I know sometimes basic daily tasks can be difficult for her.

This card is a tall DL size handmade out of PMD forest green card.  The backing paper is from First Edition Silent Night which although it's a Christmas pack has some lovely designs for every day.







I ran a strip of green ribbon folded in half down the side with a layer of antique lace over the top.  The bow is made using the full width and is double tied.  This is stuck above a die cut from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles in cream PMD with a hand cut, using the inside of the die as a guide, oval run through a spotty embossing folder.

The sentiment is stamped, I believe its from Do'crafts, onto a die cut from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles. 

The base of the card looked really plain and unbalanced until I added a row of cream paper roses which balanced the colours and made the ribbon strip look less harsh.

Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card John, I do really like those cheeky little radiant rectangles. You are very sweet to post cards to your poorly followers John. Hope everyone who is unwell feels better soon.
    Happy Wednesday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. A pretty card, love the bow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful John. I don't make many DL cards, but maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. What a beautiful card. Love everything about it. The paper roses certainly set balance it out and I love your bow - in fact I love all the bows you do. Mine never turn out as good as yours. Perhaps it's the patience thing again.
    You are so lovely and caring posting your cards to your blog friends.
    Hope everyone who is not feeling so good is soon back to health.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Stunning card. Im sure that the lady its dedicated to will be touched.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, this is a really beautiful card. I love it. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow John

    You lead the way with your cards i must say,{ another style for me to copy Thank You } this card is beautiful in every way i just love it all ,im sure it will put a smile on Jenifer"s face and i hope she will get better soon.

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card John, lovely dies and design, and your colour theme is beautiful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card John and thank you so much. This really is so very kind of you. Unfortunately, I have to go back into hospital again, think they are trying to move me in permanently. lol Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a beautiful card .lovely die s used.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning card John~like Val, my bows never look as good as yours no matter how hard I try!
    Take care, Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card John, particularly like the two ovals you have done and the sentiment stamp. Hope you don't have to stay too long in hospital Jennifer, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    I very beautiful card, love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, I think I really love it!!!!!

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete