Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

My Class Project...

Happy Wednesday!



Hopefully both Wendy and I are showing the flowers we made at the craft class we attended last week, Wendy did a tutorial on these yesterday if you want to make one.  This was my first attempt and when I got home I made this card to, hopefully, show it off!

Here is the first flower I made using die cuts from Tim Holtz tattered floral die for Sizzix.  I have shown it with some foliage cut from spellbinders foliage die which I inked in the die with my new favourite brilliance peacock ink pad.











Once I had cut the foliage I used the negative to create the background paper by using this as a stencil on a sheet of plain cream PMD cardstock.  Using the same ink blended the colours and as this inkpad contains 3 shades it's very easy to blend the colours.




The corners are cut from Spellbinders enchanted labels four.  The blue panel was created by rubbing the ink pad over an embossing folder before running a sheet of blue card through my GC.

This picture shows the effect of this inking technique.

Enjoy...




10 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Its a stunner today. Love how you have done the letterpressing and stenciling.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ps. . . . .what happened to your mojo Mr? You can't land poor Wendy with the bits you did then not do one yourself lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Lovely card, like Ang I really like the different background techniques. The flower is very pretty too.
    Had a good shop yesterday and increased my stash. Hopefully won't exceed the Ryanair allowances ! 6 year old grand daughter has quite a large collection of stuff so we made a few cards last night for her friends - wonderful time.
    Happy Wednesday (looks like you have taken my line for your own now Mr L, I'll try to think of another :))
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I love the flowers, the colours go so well with the card. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this John,[ i take it the ink will come off the embossing folder easily when washed ? ] i will give it a go , a beautiful flower and i love those corners .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Love the colours in the card and the great techniques. Such a beautiful flower.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flower compliments the card beautifully, Will have to investigate that ink pad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always.
    Well said Ang but wait till you see what I have lined up for thsi week,!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Lovely colours and the different techniques used compliment each other so well.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, sorry John this one is not for me, I think it is the colouring rather than the design as it is rare that I don't like what you have done, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    another really great card today. As an avid flower maker I admire your work.
    Loving the design of this gem of a card.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete