Thursday, 26 September 2013

LavenderFiligree Squares

Happy Thursday,

Isn't it funny how sometimes you have a go to die, I know I'm terrible for this and the gold elements corner seems to have been sitting on my desk or in my GC all week.  I got this die out to make the box for Saturday's post and it feels like I've cut it 100 times.  Todays card is the result of one of these plays!

I started by folding a piece of PMD cream linen card in half and cutting it into a square.  I placed the die in the corner and cut it.  Next I rotated the die into the other corner and again cut it.  This created a lovely frame for the main element.

The main element is a double cut in lavender card mounted onto a square of the same cream cardstock.  I mounted a cream die cut from Spellbinders Gold Labels four which I inked the die before I cut it .  Finally some random flourishes form the same gold elements set, a couple of die cut asters and a sentiment stamped in detail white embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Whimsy stamps and was cut with the matching die from them.

Finally some pearl dots from creative expressions stickles.  Simple but I love the colours!

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Hola John
    She's a beauty today.Gorgeous! I am really going to have to get those Asters!
    The only corner die have is the Botanical swirls and Accents but its so useful.
    Have a great day!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww i love it too John, the colors are beautiful, such a good contrast i have got the Aster die on my wish list { roll on Christmas } .
    I started my Christmas cards this week John with the PMD card and the quality is superb thank you for mentioning it .

    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, love the colours - I'd have left off the larger label so more of the filigree corners could be seen. I have corners on the way, and already have the Asters, so thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, love the way you have used the corner die, have just got this off ebay at a very good price just waiting for it to come from the USA, already hvae the aster die, so I may have a go at this one if you don't mind.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Lovely card in fab muted colours, so pretty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    another really fab card today. Love the design of this. Great asters. I love using the Anemone Die it makes such beautiful flowers, and the daisy part in the center can be used on it's own.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Lovely card. I love the colours and the aster is so pretty. I'm lucky enough to have the corner dies and they are used a lot.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John, what a super versatile creation as it could be used as the start for any topper etc you wanted to put on it. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this card and will definately try the corners like this .Laura O

    ReplyDelete