Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 28 September 2013

Its Saturday, A box...in a Box...

Happy different Saturday all!

Todays something different is a box (oh not again I hear you cry) however this is a box, in a box, with a paper en-john-erred project inside.

Firstly this is the outside box, very simple in White linen PMD cardstock with a ribbon and a tag made with the centre section from Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28.  I have used this die throughout this project and to replicate it this is all you need (perhaps a heck of a lot of patience and some glue card craft knife etc.)!



This next picture shows what is inside the box.




This box was made as a christening card for my boss to give to some friends who are having the christening tomorrow.  Normally I wouldn't post this so near the date however they don't know about my blog or work so won't see it early.

My boss asked for a Christening card with a difference as she owns a Card and Gift shop she has seen every commercial card available.  This stumped me  for quite a while until I noticed that the centre die from Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 looked like the end board form a small bed or cot.  hence I started by making the cot bed!


This was made with 4 die cuts and some waste pieces of the cardstock.  I finished it with a blanket and pillow made from an old sheet of mine.




Once this was completed I felt I needed a nice acetate box to house it so I stared with the same die set and used four of the largest die cuts to cover a simple acetate box I made.

This was then wrapped in a congratulations ribbon and studded with stick on pearls.

Finally for the top I made a simple folded card that was stuck to the top allowing the sentiment and a place to actually write this card.

This was time consuming but hopefully worthwhile.  Enjoy...












19 comments:

  1. Hi John, do I see a tutorial on the horizon for this wonderful creation, hope so. You are so creative I look forward to seeing what amazing projects you post. Delightful gift that I expect will be treasured for years.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Wow! What a spot to see the cot within the die! I'm sure your boss was delighted with the card - as will the parents I'm sure. You must share this with the people at spellbinders.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. WOW, this is what you call a project. It is truly amazing and as Anne said, it should be shown to the people at Spellbinders. I don't know how you have time to do your two jobs and create such wonderful crafty things- you've got so much energy. I so look forward to seeing what you've come up with every day.
    I'm sure your boss and the recipient will be delighted.
    Take care
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Beautiful you have such talent and patience John ,im sure everyone involved on the big day will Ooo and Ahh over your creation , and i agree with Anne O you need to share this with the Spellbinders team and Thank You for sharing with us .

    Have a lovely weekend
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, all I can say is this is a wonderful piece of art that you have produced. I have already 'favourited' it, as I am going to give it a go. I have made lots of boxes in all shapes and sizes and I have made different things to put inside boxes, so I will just look at yours carefully and see whether or not I can 'duplicate' it in some way. I've got a few cards to make first, so once these are done, I will be having a go at this one. It truly is wonderful, I really love the whole masterpiece. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my John, how on earth you saw the cot ends in the die I di not know but this is an amazing project and thank you so much for sharing it with us. have a lovely weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. What a fantastic keepsake! Your boss and the parents will love this. I agree that Spellbinders need to see this. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    I am enthralled by this superb creation. You are a very clever craft person to make such a superb creation from scratch. It's truly an amazing creation.
    I have made a box with a wedding cake inside from a kit form, but would never be able to make one from scratch.
    The people receiving this are going to be sooooooo! pleased with such a beautiful keepsake piece.
    I am so glad I found your blog, as I can;t wait to see what you have created each day.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. John, what a fantastic box - inside and out !!. Like Jenny above, I have made a wedding cake/box (scary mary designs). This is a wonderful idea. Well done you!!!!!. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola John
    Sorry Im late but sadly a cemetery visit today.
    What else can I say about this marvellous creation that hasn't already been said. You're a talented boy and a genius with card. Thanks for making me smile today.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! John this blew me away, so clever, must have taken age to make.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get it over to Spellbinders, stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh John this is so special and what a lovely gift to welcome a new baby. It is beautiful and you are so talented to make it xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow ,this must have taken so long to do ,fab every bit of it .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi honey.
    Was told about your project by Jenny Lawrence and just had to come Abd take a look and I'm just stunned at how astounding this is. Especially as you made it from scratch. It's just beautifully and your friend is going to be so very pleased to see this!
    I'm so glad I popped over. Never seen anything so stunning!
    Great job honey
    Hugs
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do hope your boss appreciates you efforts, this was almost above and beyond the call of duty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW absolutely stunning John....Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sheer genius! This is a stunning creation John, definitely thinking outside the box :) x

    ReplyDelete