Monday, 16 September 2013

House of Cards September

Afternoon Guys,

Can you believe its time for the Classic and Elegant September challenge over at House of Cards already? 

This months challenge is a colour palette and inspiration you must use at least three colours on your card to enter it.  Here is my Design Team inspiration for this weeks colour palette challenge.

I have chosen three colours, a lavender, a purple and a soft terracotta to which I added a darker terracotta to balance things out.  I would love it if some of you entered this week, below is the palette, remember this needs to be a Classic and Elegant style (still not sure if that title is right for my musings but that's what I'm told!)



For my card I ran four sheets of Core'dinations cardstock in the appropriate colours through the Darice tumbling leaves embossing folder and then sanded off the top layer.  Next I cut these into 2" squares and made a patchwork background.  The corners I studded with pearls and I simply ran two matching pieces of satin ribbon down the side.

The card is finished with a simple sentiment from Whimsy stamps encouraging us all to delight in the little things.


Now its your turn, click here to view the other design team inspiration and to join in this week's challenge!

Enjoy...

6 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Love the idea, but not sure about the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Love the patchwork quilt look to your card. Ithink the colors are very autumnal. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi john

    I like this one and i think your flower just gives it the finishing touch ,sorry i cant enter the comp ,i would love to but my old lappy wont do the pics

    Have a nice evening
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, John!!! LOVE the fabulous texture the pearl accents! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first looked I wasn't sure about House of Cards choice of colours, so I came back several times to look. Now I like it, a kind of richness and depth. The patchwork effect looks good too.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete