Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Hobbycutz challenge 17

Happy Sunday!

Todays creation is my Design Team Inspiration for my second spot on Hobbycutz challenges.  This weeks theme is Black, White and one other colour.  As soon as I saw this I thought of the old, schoolyard, joke "What's black, white and red all over" (insert your favourite punch line!)

That said the only option therefore for my additional colour was of course red.

When I opened my package of laser cuts I had forgotten ordering the swirls I have placed at the top of my screen card.  I was unsure what do with them however as soon as I embossed them with white embossing powder they looked just like the delicate swirls found on the top of room dividers.  Therefore I built this creation around this idea.


The three panel screen is cut with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectabgles largest die, i cut six of these and doubled them up with foam tape, placing the ribbon hinges between these layers, so that there was some weight and that they would stand up!

When it came to decorating my screen I wanted to continue the swirl ideas so I inked a further three swirls, this time some foliage based ones, and used these as a flourishes.  These were placed on white panels, cut with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles die.  These were stamped using a floral set from Creative Expressions in black and red then mounted onto a black card die cut (the next size up in the set) before being foam mounted onto the screens.

Finally a paper rose, made for me by Wendy next door, in red was added to the flourishes and one complete, hopefully inspirational, Design Team project.

To enter the challenge click HERE, this weeks challenge is sponsored by Sponsor and The winner gets a voucher to use in store!  There is also a bonus prize for anyone using a Hobbycutz product of a £10 voucher!  So well worth entering, lets see your creations using Black, White and one other colour!

Enjoy...








10 comments:

  1. You have excelled here, stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I'm running out of adjectives to describe your wonderful creations so I'll use the one you've mentioned. This card is Resplendent. Red is obviously the natural choice and I love everything about it. Love Wendy's roses as well.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Val ," RESPLENDENT " and a beautiful red rose to finish it off ,beautiful just beautiful .

    Have a nice day John

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Lovely panels, the swirls are so pretty, and a gorgeous little rose. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    they do look like little screens or even little photo frames with a French rather than oriental feel. Very "ooh la la"
    Have a great day!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Superb creation yet again.
    Love thesis idea of a screen. Super die cuts and a lovely red rose to put a wonderful finishing touch.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely triptych; white black and red with lots of pizzaz.
    Happy Sunday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design on this. The black is very bold and the sparkle and roses make it really special! Impressive work - love your blog and your blog name!

    ReplyDelete