Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Getting Cooler....

Good Morning All,

After last weeks storms it's got a little cooler here (more into the high 20's low 30's) this along with the lovely Autumn themed cards that Heather made last week influenced me into making what is an
autumnal feeling card.

See Heathers Influence here

This card is made using Spellbinders Elegant Labels four, one of my favourites, and the filigree card technique.  Sorry it hasn't photographed well!  After posting a filigree card yesterday I received lots of comments asking how these are made.  I am trying to put together a tutorial for this however there are a great deal of video tutorials on YouTube.

 I have made the backing paper using an old Creative Expressions stamp set and a big and juicy tonal ink pad.  This was stamped repeatedly onto craft paper and a Creative Expressions text background stamp over the top.  This was then mounted on cream cardstock and a larger mat made with another stamped sheet.

The leaves on the front are stamped in the same way then fussy cut out, folded and grouped together with a spray die cut from Joanna Sheen's new signature range.

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Hi John
    One word: stunning. Beautiful colours which carry across to each element. So, so pretty.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, another gorgeous card, I love the colours, thank you!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anne and Maggie - beautiful, stunning and gorgeous. How nice that you got inspiration from Heather.
    Cooler here too, but I prefer 28/29 degrees its easier to craft!
    Happy Tuesday
    maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    This card is stunning and just sings Autumn.
    I wish 30deg was classed as cool here. Its supposed to plummet to 14 on Friday. . . . . Boooo!
    You ought to enter this card into a challenge.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card John I love how you have done the backing paper I think Kraft Paper really lends itself to autumnal things.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    I agree with everyone else ,your card is very Autumn i love the color and your leaves are outstanding well done .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous John! Great card in lovely colours and I really like the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Lovely card, great colours, love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John and a lovely autumn card...though not sure your idea of autumn temperatures and mine coincide!! Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card love this die too don't need much else with it .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. Another lovely card. As Heather says kraft card works so well on this theme. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely John, not quite my cuppa but it is you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. Love the autumnal shades on this beautiful card. I was a bit disappointed with Joanna Sheens new dies but looking at the way you've used this one I may have a further think.
    My little dog, Gracie and I agree that this slightly cooler weather is much kinder on our daily walks.
    Have a lovely day.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. John, love the design and the shades that you have chosen for this card. Still sunny and warm in Kent so not thinking about autumn yet. Have noticed that it's getting dark earlier now so it wont be long before it's here. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John just one word Stunning
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, a stunning card, wonderful design, love the leaves and of course the Autumn colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous fall card!Love those leaves and beautiful colors. Great design and layout! Thanks for sharing!

    http://cardsbygeyda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant card John, absolutely love this

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete