Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 9 September 2013

For You....

Happy Monday everyone!

I would like to start by wishing Ita from Ireland all the best as she go's into Hospital today, Todays card is made, for you.

Whenever I make a card I tend to start with an idea in my head, usually using a specific stamp or die as inspiration however todays card was based on a piece of teal card that I had used as a scrap piece when I had done some stamping.  I noticed that the brilliance Ink Pad I used showed up really well against the dark card, therefore this creation was made to highlight this.

The base is a hand cut PMD card blank in cream with a matt of teal stamped with a Creative Expressions flower stamp in Archival Brilliance 'Peacock' ink pad.  The next layer is another piece of Teal card embossed with a paisley design folder topped with several layers from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles die.  The swirls peaking out are cut from Spellbinders Metal Tags and accents as is the sentiment tag.  I have matted the tag with two die cuts the same size cut in teal and matted above and below.  I used the same ink pad and stamp to decorate the tag and for the sentiment.




Although there are a lot of layers in this card, and the colours are quite strong, I do feel that the stamped flowers soften the card and offset the, sometimes, sever colour combination.

Finally I tucked a simple bow behind the sentiment in cream ribbon.  I hope you all, especially Ita, Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. another fab card ,colours are strong but it all works together ,I like this card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect John, I really like this card. Hope all goes well for Ita.
    Take care, Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    A stunning card with a definite Becca Feeken vibe. Love the way you use that twisted tag die. Must keep an eye out for that one.
    Im sure that Ita will be thrilled and that we all wish her well.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    A great card, love it. Hope all goes well for Ita.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours, and the stamping. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Love the card. As you said the stamping softens it up.

    Thinking of you Ita and hope all goes well.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card John, all the best to Ita. x Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, clever use of the dies :) Good wishes to Ita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour of this one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, this is lovely. I like the colours too. Pretty little bit of stamping.
    Best wishes Ita.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    This card is beautiful

    I love the colors of the card along with the layers and die used, it is so clever { Ita will be thrilled }

    Sending you all good wishes Ita ,

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. Have been away camping for the weekend so have only just seen the box. I love it, and the laser cuts are great. Your card today is very pretty, love the colours. Best wishes to Ita, by the way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fantastic card, love it all.
    Good wishes for Ita
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, Ita will adore it! Love the soft stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card John, it is more my style and design. Big hugs to Ita for a speedy recovery.

    Love the stamping too.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John
    Another very pretty card. I like the way you've made mats with the same size of cut-outs.
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good evening John, yes a little late today but what a lovely card you have made and I wish Ita well. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, love your card!!!Beautiful colors and that bow tucked in under the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete