Thursday, 19 September 2013

Filigree Blue...

Happy Thursday,

As French said yesterday I seem to be making a lot of leaves cards at the moment.  I seem to get a spurt with one die, stamp or style and create quite a few creations on the same theme.

I thought, that said, it was time I made and posted a filigree card in a paler colour.

This card is a standard square made with a sheet of white hammered PMD cardstock.  I have matted a sheet of dotty paper over the top and then added my main element matted onto the same paper with a thin rim of white card to give some definition.

The main element is a double cut of Spellbinders A2 filigree delight die cut from white glitter card.

 Although it is hard to see in the picture the glitter card really brings out the detail and beauty of this die.  I have mounted these on top of each other to create a square shape.  The central panel is cut in the same dotty paper (from my stash so not sure where it's from) This is made with two die cuts using the central swirl from the same spellbinders set.  I have mounted these behind one of the ellipse shapes that are the waste from the glitter card die cuts.  Finally an ellipse mounted on top.  I edged all of these pieces with Distress ink in broken china even the glitter card!

The sentiment is stamped onto a cut from a random Spellbinders tags set I bought without packaging on EBay and is from Creative Expressions.

Finally a bow and spray of pearls, I tied the pearls around the bow, these come on a roll and are from my favourite Chino shop.

Hope you like the change of pace,
Enjoy...

11 comments:

  1. So very soft, delicate and pretty. I like it very much.
    Happy Thursday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Love it. So delicate and yes I can see the glitter. The bow looks beautiful with the pearls.

    Enjoy your day out today.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh i do like this John,it is so pretty with the subtle dotty paper, pearls and the beautiful bow . Think i will have to get this Die my list is getting longer every day . { Its a pity we don"t have a Die Library we borrow books so why not Dies } haha .

    Have a good day John

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    A lovely card, love the colours and the way you have used the die cuts, superb.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card John - subtle, but full of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Gorgeous card, I love it all. I agree with nattyboots comment about Die librarys, wouldn't that be a great idea! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola John
    Lovely jubbly! You do do filigree so well.
    Enjoy whatever you're doing with Wendy this afternoon.
    Off to see what I can create for your challenge thingy.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card ,classy simple and lovely choice of colours .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. John, such a pretty delicate card. perfect !! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    I nearly missed this gem of a card, as I couldn't get to my i mac as DH was connecting a continuous ink printer to my workshop, and it won't recognize virtual box. I n any rate I am off on one of my tangents again. When I have commented more and you know me you will understand. lol.
    I love this card and those die cuts are arranged so perfectly.
    The colours are very cool and lovely.
    I too made a card the other day without any die cuts which I haven't done in a long time.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete