Friday, 27 September 2013

Copper Christmas...

Happy Christmas Friday!

Todays offering is an usual mixture of copper, bronze and gold a different theme but a strong combination I think.  Here is my take on a subtler Christmas scheme.

I started by stamping a plain piece of card with a Do'crafts background stamp with Copper embossing powder.  I foam mounted this behind a die cut window using the large die from The Spellbinders just swingin' die (I am determined to use this as much as possible as it's not a very flexible die).  I double mounted this on beige and cream cardstock wrapping a beige ribbon around before mounting this on an A4 folded card which I embossed with my new Crafts Too embossing folder (I couldn't keep borrowing Wendy's A5 version of this!)

I stamped the two sentiments, again Do'crafts, with the same embossing powder as well as some snowflakes stamped with the same set.



To decorate this I cut various snowflake die I have with cream and copper glitter card (I have too many snowflake dies to list Spellbinders, Marianne etc..)  These were placed in random places with foam pads and finished with a matching gem or pearl!

Finally a bow, it wouldn't be one of my cards with out a bow, and another snowflake to hide the know.  Hopefully this may give you a new colour scheme for you Christmas Selection this year. 

Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. Hi John, gorgeous colour combo, would never have thought of using them on a Christmas card. Your card is beautiful, adore the snowflakes and ribbon.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I love the design, I think the colour scheme will grow on me, as it's a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Feliz Navidad el Viernes!
    Fabulous card matey. Love the colours and that background stamp is great. Well done for using that pesky swinging die.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Love the design but like Lesley not sure about the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like this...a lot. Perfect for the non christmassy types, who can't stand images of santa and cute penguins on their cards.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    Your card is different , the more i look at it , the more i like it , the snowflakes are gorgeous Well done !

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Sorry but I'm not too keen on the colours but it is a beautiful card and the bow is lovely as usual.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, a lovely card and for me the colours work. The large die makes a very nice aperture so hopefully you'll find more use this way. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card John, the colours remind me of a box of Belgium chocolates!!! Good xmas pressie. !!!! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card John,and great choice of colours .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    What a debate you've created! I love the colour combo and, having just done a few cards with snowflakes myself, I'm really liking how effective they are.
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    this is a superb card. Love the colours and work on this gem of a card. Fab colours in the glitter card.
    Great design as usual.
    My little box of cards was an idea after the lovely inspiration I got from your boxes of cards.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. I love this card, the colours are beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete