Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 13 September 2013

Christmas Corner...

Good Morning All,

It suddenly seems to be September already and although I've done most of my crafty shopping for Christmas I haven't really started playing and designing yet.  I thought the best way to motivate myself is to make Christmas Friday.  Therefore todays creative offering is a Christmas card.  I intend to try to post something with a Christmas theme every Friday!

Todays offering is a card, this was made out of the scrap from my design team card for HobbyCutz that I posted on Monday.

I simply layered the sheet I cut the snowflakes out of, Spellbinders 2013 Snowflake pendent, with foam pads, to a background piece. The background is a sheet of PMD Navy card which I embossed with a Darice A4 folder and then rubbed over the embossing with Silver Pearl gilding wax from Creative Expressions.

I wrapped a piece of woven ribbon down the side (really to hide the blank bit!) and mounted it onto a silver card blank and decorated the card with gems and a leftover snowflake.

Finally I added the laser cut peace that I tested the Gilding flakes on.

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops looks like a pressed a wrong button and deleted what I said before, you wait till you get old! What I said was..
    Another lovely card John. I do love the way you use up scraps !!
    Happy Friday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is stunning John,

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card John, well designed although you say it was leftovers. You must have a good eye to spot potential in a piece of card. Love everything about this, the embossing, gilding wax etc so lovely.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card John, brilliant use of your left over piece.
    Colours are wonderful
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Lovely card. You wouldn't know that it is made out of scraps would you, very clever. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    its a festive display of gorgeousness!
    I've done one using the cut out piece on top but its not elegant like this one. One day, I will learn to do elegant rather than elephant! (that will only make sense if you have seen my blog post today lol !)
    Have a great day!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John

    Christmas Friday sure sounds good to me as im always looking for new ideas as you know
    Todays card is another beautiful card the colors , snowflakes and gems are just perfect

    Have a nice weekend

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good John. Wait till you see my post later, a Christmas creation!!! Not got time now going to do Susies hair and then fat club lunch out!!!!! A big fat Italian..mmmmmm
    Create and Craft arguments now given me a refund I,m so bloody mad cant describe how I feel about the ******company. Explain later

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Great card and a super way to use the left over piece of card. Looks good.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well they say waste not want not John and you have certainly not wasted anything making a lovely card into the bargain. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card John and to think I would have probably put this in my bin!!. I'll be sifting through it later.
    I know I'm going to love Christmas Fridays.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card John, I am glad that someone is actually doing some festive cards, (I know there are a few). Can't actually get into festive cards. :-( Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  14. another great card John.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John
    Such a pretty card. I love the way you've created a snowflake aperture - so effective. Lovely balance of colours and tones.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete