Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Bring On Christmas...

Good Morning Guys,

Todays post marks my Inauguration into the Hobbycutz design team I can't believe I was picked to join their new second design team and get to showcase some of their fabulous Laser Cuts.  You may have noticed some laser cuts starting to trickle into my blog, these are all from Hobbycutz.  As soon as I found the shop I ordered a box load!

Todays challenge is Anything Goes, click over to the fabulous challenge to see the rules, prizes and enter!  You don't have to use a Hobbycutz product in your entry BUT there are extra prizes available for those who do!

My Card today is featuring one of our sponsors, The Stamping Chef, digi Stamp Designs 'Bring On Christmas' which I coloured with Spectrum Noir's I shot this card in natural light so the colours have not come out well!






The sentiment 'Peace' is a laser die cut which I have embellished with Glitter flakes, Winter Dawn from Indigoblu, which gives it a lovely silver gift finish with touches of blues, greens and gold. I have used the same technique on the laser cut flourish which highlights the wonderful scroll work, I had to stop my self from putting loads of these on!

The card is a 18cm x 18cm cream PMD hand cut card with a beautiful paper from First Edition's Silent night set which has a stunning silver gilt panel down the side.  The snowflakes are cut with Spellbinders 2013 Snowflake pendent. cut with silver Mirri card and scraps of the background.  Finally I finished this with some bling (it is for Christmas after all!!) and a strip of bakers twine.

Click here to see this weeks challenge, see what the other design Team members have come up with or enter!

I cant wait to see what you all come up with,

Enjoy...











16 comments:

  1. Good morning John and congratulations on being selected to join this design team. All the laser cuts you have used so far look very interesting and using flakes on this one certainly adds the bling. Off to Thetford to the Sincerely Yours show now so will see what I can pick up!! Have a good day, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, congrats on joining the Hobbycutz design team, they're in for some treats from you! Love today's card, it would be perfect for my teenage granddaughter.Enjoy your day.
    Take care, Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    You never fail to deliver the goods of any description, your card is loverly fun and quirky , i have never used glitter flakes { must get some and try them out } Congrats to being a member of the design team , i will just away now to have a look what others have done thanks for the link

    Have a nice day

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    I just love the colours, the laser cut, the dies, the lot - except the digi stamp, sorry I really do not like the bug eyed girlies.. Another Picasso moment - sorry, purely personal taste.
    Congratulations again on DT member.
    Happy Sunday crafting
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Many congrats on becoming a DT member must go over and have a look.
    This certainly seems a different style of card for you and I love it all except perhaps the image. Like Maggie they're not really my cup of tea but it fits in so well with the rest of the card and the colouring is beautiful of course.

    Enjoy your day off.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning john A big Congrats on becoming another D.T. member .I like the card all except the Image ,it is not my style,sorry.
    I am going in to hospital for surgery tomorrow and do not know for how long.I will have a lot og catching up when I come home.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning john A big Congrats on becoming another D.T. member .I like the card all except the Image ,it is not my style,sorry.
    I am going in to hospital for surgery tomorrow and do not know for how long.I will have a lot og catching up when I come home.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    I like the style of your card but alas like some of the others the image is not my cup of tea. Well done on your selection for D.T member.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good afternoon John,
    Loving the style of your card but the Digital image spoils it for me as well .... sorry!!
    Congratulations on being chosen for the Design Team, you deserve it.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola John
    Its certainly different to your usual cards but its fun to try different things.
    The lazer cuts do add a lovely dimension to a card. Will need to have a look at the website. Im guessing that you may have had to use the image as part of the DT brief rather than out of personal choice.
    Have a great evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, sorry to be negative too but that image does not fit in with Christmas feeling maybe if her outfit was in red. Hey ho each to their own, The rest of the card is gorgeous real Christmassy feel.

    Wilma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. John, I love visiting your blog, its a breath of fresh air. Your fellow Hobbycutz DT, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John and welcome to the team! Your card is fabulous, such a gorgeous sparkly design! Love the glitter flakes on the laser cuts!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, what a fab card! I love what you have done with the lazer cuts! I must say your blog is amazing. A very warm welcome to the team!
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, what a fab card! I love what you have done with the lazer cuts! I must say your blog is amazing. A very warm welcome to the team!
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, what a fab card! I love what you have done with the lazer cuts! I must say your blog is amazing. A very warm welcome to the team!
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete