Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 12 September 2013

BOGOF Winner!

Happy Thursday all!

A couple of weeks ago I posted this special offer, it was a BOGOF (Buy One Get One Free) and the winner was the card at the rear.  I promised I would post a larger picture of this one and try adding a sentiment.  Firstly here is the card as it was originally...

This is made using Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die and I cut one of each size die in White and Teal PMD cardstock.  I foam mounted each one rotating each time.  This topper was stuck above a hand cut aperture in a white top fold card with a frame of Teal added. 

The background is on the inside of the card and is a sheet of My Minds Eye paper.  This is finished off with a scattering of pearls.



Next the card with added sentiment.  I really struggled where to place a sentiment on this card until I remembered one I made ages ago (it's on here somewhere) where I bowed a piece of acetate over the front so as not to squash the front.

Taking advice from my wonderful followers and commenters I went for a simple Merry Christmas.

Now this is, please don't shoot me, a Peel Off!  However in my defence it is a peel off with a difference from Do'crafts and is a thicker than normal glitter peel off that came in a goody bag last Christmas!



I hope you all like my BOGOF winner,

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    I liked both the cards you posted but I think I prefered this one too. So nice to see it stand alone in full glory. Lovely colours, the backing paper very pretty too. No shame in a peel off in my humble opinion, sometimes its the only thing that will do the job!
    Thank you again John for all your hard work to give us our daily dose!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I loved this one too. Great contrast between the teal and white. Maybe you can help me John or other bloggers. What is all this snobbery about not using peel offs? As a relatively new crafter I don't get it? As French says, sometimes it is the only thing to do the job. Anyway, great card. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, this was my favourite the first time round and I love it even more now that I can see it properly! TFS.
    Take care,Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I loved this one too. Great contrast between the teal and white. Maybe you can help me John or other bloggers. What is all this snobbery about not using peel offs? As a relatively new crafter I don't get it? As French says, sometimes it is the only thing to do the job. Anyway, great card. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Yep, still my favourite of the two. Gorgeous card.
    I was thinking of printing it off and framing the card you used a peel off on as I never thought the day would come hahaha!
    Fess up to Mrs B about your peel off phobia lol !
    Have a great day!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful card John, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    I liked both cards but this one just edged it for me. Looks great standing alone and proud.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, the "peel off" looks more like a "lazer cut" so does not take from your beautiful card
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great to me, very inventive. (And nothing wrong with a peel off used in a great way.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John and how this card now shines standing on its own.....and Mrs B...there is nothing wrong with peel-offs I use them all the time but some people prefer stamping and some die-cutting their sentiments. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John

    Now let me make myself plain first off ,{ their is nothing wrong with a nice peel off i use them all the time especially when i want to cover up a bit of a hiccup { thats a mistake , or fill in a space }

    This is a stunning Christmas card John i agree with everyone else the teal and white is a great contrast, and i have to admit i have never used teal card ,but i will remedy that when i get to the craft shop haha

    Have a great day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card ,love the colours used .peel off are so handy sometimes -nothing wrong with them.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. John, a lovely card....what's wrong with peel offs ???
    Have a good day. Janice. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card John and there is no shame to using a peel-off, they do have their moments and nice to see that even you recognise that now. lol. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card John. I'd be really happy getting this at Christmas.

    Everything has a place in crafting even a lowly little peel off and I think it looks beautiful.

    Enjoy what's left of the day.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John. Have just discovered your blog via the Cardsarus blog and had to become a follower because you have some gorgeous creations on here! I don't have a blog myself and don't have much time to comment always but I will be popping by regularly! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete