Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Tuesday Tutorial Box's

Hi All,

From all the comments on this box I guess I have used a very unpopular die!  I have to agree that I regret buying this one as well!  I have truly run out of ideas. I did decide, before retiring this die, to post the tutorial because as Heather suggested you could use lots of dies as the front piece!

The measurements are: 10cm x 4cm x10cm x 4cm by 1cm.  Score a piece of A4 Core'dinations paper at each of the points mentioned above.  Next score 4cm from the top of each long side and place the die in one of the larger panels!  see picture






Once die cut (you may have to fold the card to fit it into your die cutting machine) then decide whether you want a square top or a folded bag top.


For a folded bag type score each of the side 4cm panels in the middle at 2cm.  Otherwise fold both of the 4cm scores from the top edges and cut away, as seen in the picture) the 4 corners.






Use a piece of acetate, on the reverse, to stick to the die cut to seal the box and stick together!

For folded top stick the sides and bottom leaving the top which you fold by pinching in the sides at the 2cm score lines.  This gives you a look like a gift bag, simply punch holes and add handles!

For the fold lid box fold down the top flaps and chose your fastening.  I used a bard with a piece of ribbon attached so that I could tie this to a piece attached to the back.

It would be great to see these made with lots of different dies.  Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Hi John
    Thank you for the Tutorial ,they are always handy.

    I think the die will probably work well for a card with a stamped image underneath it eg , a couple sitting on a seat , a wise old owl , a couple of playful dogs or even a wheelbarrow with a few scattered leaves on the ground ,something like that .

    Enjoy your day
    Elaine H X
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    So sorry if I seemed negative I was just voicing my thoughts but realise that might have seemed unkind after your efforts I think I was really saying the box is great even if you haven't the die. I liked it at first but then thought it had limited use but Elaine has come up with a few ideas and I did see it showcased as a seat with some additions for the legs so don't feel too disheartened John just think dare I say it outside the box? ROFL! :)

    Craftiest Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Heather I think everyone missed the point of this one I was trying to say That I was disappointed with the die after waiting for it to arrive for about 6 weeks when I got it I couldn't do much with it!

      John x

      Delete
  3. Hi John
    Thanks for the tutorial, and yes there are other dies that can be use to make these lovely boxes, I think we all buy things and then regret it. I pass my unwanted things onto a friend who makes a large amount of cards for a charity in Africa.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, thought I would visit after hearing of your wonderful makes from Patricia, Summerhouse crafts, and I'm so pleased I did you have indeed got some stunning projects on show.
    I love your gift bag, and looks a great use if that die, a whole different look to most bags.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John and thank you for the tutorial. The die works well on the gift bag and boxes so perhaps you could recoup some of your outlay by making up a big batch and asking "someone" [!] to sell them on a stall at a craft fayre - particularly with Christmas fayres no doubt starting before too long. Just a thought. have a good day, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John thank you for the tutorial.the boxes are great use of this Die,I am scratching my head for ideas I buy Dies,wait for them to arrive,then "Blank Brain" the other die I can do nothing with is Botanical Swirls,It is impossible to cut out and then nothing on design.
    Thank you for all the trouble you went to doing the tutorial .
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    thank you for this great tutorial. I have book marked this for future reference. So when I am ready to make one.
    Crafty regards Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete