Thursday, 29 August 2013

Sweet Memories

Hello Lovely people!

Sorry for yesterdays quick post however I am hoping todays post will make up for it! 

Unusually for me there is a story to this one.  The chef at the bar I work in asked why I kept getting emails on my phone.  I explained about  my wonderful commenters and my blog and so had to show him that days post which was Patricia's shoes. He was impressed which I take as a great compliment as I rarely tell anyone about my Blog let alone show them! Steve asked if I would make an anniversary card for his partner Carol, however it mustn't say Wedding Anniversary!  I decided on the sentiment Sweet Memories as I thought this was perfect for the time they have spent together so far.  Hence this card was born.

The sentiment is actually on the tag of the box as I made this to have the writing on it by making a fold over tag.  There is space on the reverse of the card but the inside can't be written on.

The card base is a piece of PMD cream card folded in  half and cut to 14.5cm x 14.5cm to make a square top fold.  I then cut a square aperture out, by hand, 2cm in on each side and placed a piece of gold mirror board, embossed with Darice Tumbling leaves, on the back inside of the card.


The top is a cream die cut of Spellbinders Trellis die mounted over the aperture with a hand cut gold mirror card frame foam mounted above.  The centre element is made using a Laser Cut from Hobbycutz which I coloured using Creative Expressions Gilding wax's (travel purchase) in Pearl Moon, Patina and autumn gold.
I used an offcut of the tumbling leaves embossed mirror card for the centre and hand cut the leaves out to use behind a paper rose (another purchase) which I gently coloured with the patina coloured wax. 

Finally a heart shaped laser cut coloured with the Autumn Gold creative expressions gilding wax.  Sorry if this sounds over complicated!

Finally I threw a simple box together to house it and tied with a ribbon.  The tag is made with the side offcut from the main card cut down to 9cm long with simple stamping using a new set from Do'crafts love letters I think.

I am happy to report that Steve loved it and me and Mr Next Door have just enjoyed his steak and ale pie, plum Crumble and fudge Brownie in return lol.  Enjoy....We Did!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, if I were still married, I'd have been very happy to receive that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, your creative genius never ceases to amaze me ~ this card is stunning. Love, love,
    love it!!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card John, and love the idea of having Sweet Memories, I'm sure the recipient will love it, I know I would, have a great day, Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    You always deliver the goods in tip top fashion, this card is A1 , im sure the lady will be delighted when she gets this.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The Sweet Memories sentiment is a brilliant idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John

    Not sure about this one. There is a lot going on too many different shapes so feels a bit too busy and I have to say I am not a fan of mirror card but you have managed to photograph it well as that can be very difficult with the reflection.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx
    p.s. Glad you and Ang had a good time! She's a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    its just one corker after another with you.
    I know what Heather means about mirror card; sometimes it can look too much but not in this case. You have managed to make mirror card look classy!
    Glad you have your lovely OH visiting. Say "eh up" from me.
    Btw, is Wendy ok as she hasn't posted for a few days?
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ang. I too noticed that Wendy hadn't posted for a few days so I e-mailed her and she's not feeling too good this week. We were supposed to meet up but have put it off until next week.
      Bye Val x

      Delete
  8. Hi John. Stunning I bet Steve's partner was over the moon when she got that.
    Your cards seem to get more amazing every day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Like Heather I don't like too much mirror card, but I think on this one you have a happy balance bet the lady loved it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. So inventive John and such a simple but meaningful sentiment. I'm sure the recipient will love it as well. The meal you had in return sounds so good as well, must think about some lunch before too long!! Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card John, the sentiment is very apt. Love the colours as well. Glad to hear you are getting rewarded with food. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John every day you create a most beautiful card,your card today is super,I am at a loss for words ,one that comes to my mind is" genius " well done
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John ,this is a fab card ,so stylish.Love the trelis .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cooler here this afternoon!
    I really like it. Lovely to see something 'full on' but tasteful. Haven't always been a fan of mirror card myself; but when I can continually come up with inventive and creative things as you do ...... Thank you John for the pleasure and inspiration you give to so many of us with your beautiful creations. Great to see how many followers you have gathered too. I know of many French ladies who follow you but are too shy to comment in broken English.
    Happy Thursday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations too for the hobbycutz DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card John, Love it

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi john.
    Great card, very romantic feel to it so perfect for an anniversary. Take care.

    ReplyDelete