Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Something different Saturday

Hola Amigo´s,

As you read this I will either be blowing up helium balloons, on an aircraft, or relaxing on holiday in the U.K.!  The reason is I am working first thing in the shop is that we have a large Helium balloon order for a party tonight, then its a quick dash to the airport for my annual weeks holiday in sunny Leicester!  I am very lucky that we still have a house in the U.K. as my OH works in there.

Now I have scheduled posts for the time I am away and hopefully I can update these as I shop with my crafty bargains (at least I tell the OH that they are bargains he thinks Spellbinders Dies cost a couple of quid each!) 

I have decided to have a theme whilst I am away and as I will be doing my Christmas shopping I thought it could be Christmas in August so this week I am displaying a selection of try-outs for my Christmas cards and decorations this year!
Todays creations are all from last year, which is hopefully different and will do for a Saturday.  Firstly above and left are Tag Cards that I made and gave out last year.  I usually make special ones for Family etc. then a range for my friends.

These were made as a standard side fold card then cut down to a tag shape.  I decorated the fronts using a combination of Papers, ribbons, stamps and die cuts and each card is different.




This is the style of larger cards I made last year as you can see my photography wasn´t as erm shall we say developed (pun intended) last year. if you look carefully you will see me taking the picture in one of these shots!

These were easel cards with a leaping stag die cut in different mirri or glitter card for each one.  I used the same selection  of die cuts, stamps and papers ribbons etc. to decorate.  Most of these are from Do'crafts Home for Christmas Collection.



I also like to give handmade gifts, hence my box making addiction, and last year they were all presented in handmade Christmas crackers. 

As you can see I have a theme of pattern colours etc. and try to change it each year however the red, white and silver may make a reappearance this year as I really liked the combination.  This may change depending on what inspiration and products I find on my travels!

Enjoy...


18 comments:

  1. All very festive John! Funny enough I am off on holiday with a friend who will be leaving that area today! LOL! Do they know something you don't?

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes John, your photography skills have improved, only wish I could take photos as well as you do now. I do love that range of paper so versatile, used it last Christmas and will have to get more if I can. Love your range of Christmas goodies.

    Enjoy you holiday, don't spend too much.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of festive goodies, love them all.
    Have a wonderful holiday

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Wonderful selection of cards etc. And all in my favourite Christmas colours. Have a great holiday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, thank you for such an inspirational post today ~ it's given me some ideas for my Christmas cards! Enjoy your stay in Leicester.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy hols. Cant wait for this years selection, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    A wonderful selection of Christmas cards and goodies. Have a good holiday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure about 'sunny' Leicester John, I'm in Ireland and a big band of rain went through here last night, heading for the UK.

    Enjoy your Christmas shopping, the rain won't stop that, will it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, Christmas will be upon us soon thats for sure , i especially like your Tag cards ,so i will be pinching that idea from you , the papers you have used look so grand and co"ordinated .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Have a wonderful shopping holiday. I can just imagine the case being full of crafty goodies on the way back.
    These are a lovely selection of Christmas cards and boxes. Particularly love the stag. Is that a die? So love the colours.
    Have a great time.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello John, there are beautiful makes, loving the red and white festive look.
    have a great holiday, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, great selection of cards and boxes. Thank you for leaving a name suggestion on my blog for my little wooden man. lol .Have a great holiday and don't be spending too much Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola John
    Wonderful festive array of goodies. Your leaping stag is a fine specimen.
    Did have to do a double take as I missed the comma first time round and had visions of you blowing up balloons on the plane hahaha!
    Hopefully catch ya next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    As usual I love what you have done. Honest of you to admit to last years sell by date!
    Funny my OH thinks Spellbinders are cheap too - naughty boy!
    Have fun in Leicester, maybe somewhere cooler will be a novelty.
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  15. John, simply stunning! What a talented man you are. Love the designs and colours. Have a good holiday. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John first I hope you have a great holiday,and find lots of crafty things.Your Christmas collection is fantastic,the colours are so ritch .I better get my act together as I think we will be having Christmas in Nov.,My daughter and hubby will be here,Captain Joe will also be home,and Joe will be on his ship in the north Sea at Christmas,Son in Law is also working which leaves O.H. my oldest son and myself here .It will be a very different Christmas .
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  17. lots to look at in this post.nice work.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely selection of goodies John and a good starting point for you for this year. I hope you have a good week here, it's been horrible today but is supposed to be better next week. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete