Saturday, 3 August 2013

Something Different saturday

Morning All,

Sorry if this post feels a little rushed however It is now 01:30 am Saturday Morning and as Blogger has decided not to play ball I have had to retype this.  I have just got in from work so I'm sure you will excuse me!

A little explanation on this die is needed I feel!  When the 2013 Spellbinders release was demonstrated I went straight online and pre-ordered The just swingin'  die.  Since I received it I have used it exactly once!  A few weeks ago Ita in Ireland used the die for This Post stating that she didn't know what context and projects to use it one, I have to admit I have had the same problem.

Since then I have been trying to find a way to use this one to its full potential, and me being a bit of a paper engineer!, I came up with, you guessed it, a box!

This die seemed the perfect window to me in a nice, simple square box and here it is!




As the box seems to simple however I do have a tutorial with sizes ready if anyone wants it!  I also made a tag and a different closure for this one to add some interest.  I have used this box to contain a bag of chocolate covered Peanuts it was meant to house some of my cinder toffee (the inside of crunchy bars we call it cinder toffee where I come from) however I just ran out of time.  I did think this would be great made in black with spiders etc. for Halloween (might be a useful gift for the U.S. Grandkids Heather!)

I hope you don't mind a little more Paper Engineering!  Enjoy...


11 comments:

  1. Hi John, glad you made time to make this lovely box to post for us to see. Sometimes there are not enough hours in a day so thank you. Love the box idea, such a lovely die but limited use I think but you came up trumps again.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Great use of a limited die. The box is great and you are right a Halloween gift woulb be great as you say.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea John, can I have the sweets ? !!!!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    A very pretty box, great use of the die, never purchased this one as I though the use would not be big enough to justify the cost
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Please keep your paper engineering ideas coming , your boxes are wonderful i have a little owl ornament and i think he would sit in the box perfectly .
    This die is very nice but it will not be on my list because of the limited use .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, John, what a super idea I love this box and how you have incorporated the die. I have to say it is not one I have as I didn't think I would get much use from it....just goes to show. have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. What a clever idea to use the Swingin Die. Really love the box and the flower just as much as I love chocolate covered peanuts.
    Lost many a filling on Cinder toffee by the way.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely idea John, I have a similar die from Memory box and I too haven't used it. Will have to have a go at the box now. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John what a great way to use this die,I love seeing your "paper engineer" work.this box is stunning,and I love the little tag with the flowers.I would advise people not to buy this Die,it had very limited use,3 cheers for you John on coming up with a great box.I would love the tutorial please
    Smiles,
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola John
    well done for making something out of this strange die. Its never likely to make it into my collection but I like what you have done with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Box John, I love what you have done with a Die that I have always said there was no purpose for.
    Still say that, of course you could use lots of Dies for your brilliant box.
    Please keep up the Paper Engineering I love it.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete