Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 16 August 2013

Simply Classic

Morning!,

After yesterdays attempt at pretty I thought I would show a classic and simple card using the same die and layout but with 2 plain colours Beige and white. 

This card is based on the same die cuts and style as the pink version yesterday however I feel with a change in colours and papers it looks completely different.

This one is a large card based on the embossing folder (borrowed from Wendy again!) embossed twice across a white sheet of PMD hammered card. I matted this onto a beige card then onto a plain white piece of A4 card folded in half.  The topper is cut with Spellbinders A2 filigree delight in the same cardstock and foam mounted on a matt of the beige card and a couple of pearls added.

The strip across the bottom is a piece of the beige card cut with Spellbinders border die with a strip of white ribbon and an antique piece of lace.  The bow is a triple tied white bow with a couple of hatpins and a plain fabric button (this hides the knot as this ribbon is quite thick and so the knot looks messy!

Finally a double layered butterflies cut from Spellbinders Les Papillion 2 die finished with pearl bodies.

The sentiment is added onto a foam mounted piece cut from the centre die from the same set.

Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. Lovely, it is amazing how two cards look so different using the same die and layout. I prefer this one as I am not a flowery paper person. That embossing folder is one of my favourites. Really love this card.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. As Wilma says, using different colours changes a card so much. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card-its fantastic, really classy.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my reaction to this card was "oh that is fantastic".That is before I read anything.Love it John.Fab card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different card/paper makes a totally different card altogether John. I really like this card and the layout of it. Gorgeous. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Beautiful card, very elegant. The colour is showing as a rich milk chocolate rather than beige, but Im more than happy with rich milk chocolate lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ,who would have thought it ? John both cards are nice but this one has top marks for me , the colour looks very rich, its beautiful { i could do with something like this for my Christmas cards ,as i think i would get them done much quicker haha }

    Have a nice day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Looks a totally different card from yesterdays and I had to look back to remind myself. Love the colours of this one and the bow and the button and of course who would not love a butterfly?
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. After Ang's comment I need to go and get some chocolate now! This is better.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Love the colour choice here I much prefer this one but I did like yesterdays too. They look so different.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really gorgeous card John and so different to yesterday's in spite of the same layout and die.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a difference! I like them both, but how interesting to see the different effects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. John, love this card. Do you come over to England often? If so you will have to come down and do a class for me and my crafting friends, you have so many good ideas. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John, now I really do love this card, the colours are gorgeous and the design is wonderful, your embellishments are just perfect for it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John fantastic card the colour is showing up chocolate,not beige and the chocolate is a stunning colour. Where did you buy this card stock?
    smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, wouldn't have thought it was the same design if you had not told me. Really good colours and design. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked yesterday's card. Although the basic design of today's is the same it gives a totally different effect. You now have me confused as to which I like the best. Oh! I just like them both the same in a different way.............confused????
    Happy crafting

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete