Friday, 2 August 2013

Red and Yellow and Pink and Green...

Good Morning all!

It certainly has been a rainbow of colours this week, I never thought I would use Bright orange, Black, White and Silver in the same card however yesterday It actually happened!  Today I am going back to the beginning of the rainbow and back to basics with a simple card!

Todays card Demonstrates my love of spellbinders Labels dies, this one is Labels 18 (Thanx Margaret for informing me of which one it was)

I started by cutting #4 die in the range out of a cream piece of cardstock and mounting an embossed piece of scrap in Red behind it.  Next I cut 2 frames 1 in red, 1 in cream using die #4 and #5.  Then I cut 2 more, in the same colours using die #4 and #3 (sounds complicated but it's not!

These were layered up, using foam squares, interlocking starting with red, then cream and so on.  I rotated each different layer which I feel changes the shape and gives more possibilities.

The Leaves are Spellbinders Foliage and are inked through the die and the flowers are handmade by Wendy (so don't know which die sorry)  Sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse and sums up what I would say to all my blog visitors, especially those who comment, Thanks for being there!

I hope you have enjoyed this weeks rainbow, maybe it's green next week....Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Wow that looks so effective, love the peek of the embossing folder through the labels eighteen, superb card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, a gorgeous, elegant card, love the labels die used and Wendy's flowers add the finishing touch.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card John. I never thought of doing anything like that with those dies. Wendy's flowers finish it off very nicely too.
    Christine in Essex....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor John what a beauty, i must get this die the only problem is my wish list is getting longer and i want them all at once ,

    Getting back to your card , i love it all the colours you have chosen and everything .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Fabulous card, very effective, just great.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just one word John - beautiful.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Juan
    You have made an essentially simple card look amazingly elegant. Gorgeous chuck!
    Of course its Wendy's flowers that really make it great lol!
    Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this design, Flowers are Cheery Lynn Roses dies.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card John, certainly singing a rainbow weatherwise at the moment, impressive lighting against a really dark greyish purple-ish sky a little while ago. have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. John, for me this is the best card that you have done this week. I absolutely love this card, the colours, design & sentiment are great. WELL DONE!!!! Thanks for all your inspiration. A group of friends and I are going to attempt your pickle jar box next week when we meet for a crafting evening. I will post on my blog the hopefully successful creation. Have a good weekend. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW WOW WOW John this is stunning,the layout the colours every thing about it is fantastic.thank you for the inspiration.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fantastic card John. Love everything about it, all the Die work is brilliant.

    Like the previous cards as well but this is my favourite.
    Happy Crafting

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete