Sunday, 25 August 2013

Patricia's shoes

Happy Sunday (as the French say lol)

I am now, hopefully, home however I refuse to do what I normally do and write a post at gone midnight therefore this is a scheduled post written whilst still in the U.K.

Todays card was made before I left for Holiday and, as the weird title suggests is based on Patricia's shoes!  Now before I get a slew of comments I have not been peeking in Mrs P's wardrobe neither do I have a strange liking for women's shoes!  A couple of weeks ago Patricia from Summerhouse crafts posted this card.  This was based on a pair of shoes she had.  I really liked the card, the design and the colours and decided to take this as inspiration to create my own version.  Hence today's card!


This is a simple colour palette of blue and white.  The background is embossed and a strip of matching ribbon simply tied around it.  The flowers are cut in blue and white and alternated to create two toned flowers.

A simple sentiment and foliage complete the panel which is attached to a gatefold card.

Hopefully more later when I have woken up, maybe using some of my new stash!

Enjoy...



14 comments:


  1. Stunning card John. Well my big sister will be pleased that one of her cards have given you the inspiration to make this beautiful card, I love the colours and lay out.
    Enjoy your day playing with all those fab buys.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, I love everything about this card ~ it's perfection! Hope you wake up refreshed and ready to play with your new crafty stash.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, I remember Patricia's shoes and her card, and you've certainly been inspired to create this gorgeous card.
    Absolutely gorgeous, the colours and design are stunning. Love how you've made the flowers, yes I definitely love this one, Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, blue and white are my fav. combos. Please, if you get a minute, could you tell us what dies you used? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    What a great card inspired by Patricia's shoes, love it. Hope you are now awake refreshed and ready to use your new stash.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Gorgeous card. I love blue and white. The flowers are so pretty, which die are they? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely took my breath away ,how gorgeous .

    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John fantastic card ,love the color ,and the gate fold design .I hope at this stage you are back and rested,and admiring all your craft purchases
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  9. John, once again a stunning card. Lovely colour combinations. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    I can only echo the previous comments! A beautiful card. I live the colours and I love the co position. Hope you're back home safe and sound.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice John,love the colours and the flowers are fab.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, by now I expect your are trying out all your crafty purchases. This card is Fab love the colours and style. You do make very professional looking cards that I always look to see if I can pick fault with them but to date have not been able to.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola John
    Hope you're home safe and sound.
    Gorgeous card in fabulous colours. Another stunner. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card John, loving the design, colours and that different ribbon. Glad I managed to give you some inspiration. Makes Blogging all the more fun and worth while. Have to say I do get lots of inspirations from a lot of your wonderful creations.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete