Friday, 23 August 2013

More Me?

Good morning everyone,

I am still of limited access to blogger and am on holiday so trying to make posts quick to type!  Therefore another post lacking in explanation I'm afraid, back to normal (hopefully) on Monday.

Todays card isa more in my traditional colours and is a spellbinders die cut dream (ish)

I used the baubles that came with last years holiday tree and have cut them both in red and silver.  I then placed the cut outs back into the apertures and used the scrap to fill in.  This creates this mirror image look.

The background is embossed with a swirls embossing folder and versamark, then versamark is rubbed all over and the heat embossed with silver powder.  This gives a lovely textured background which may be hard to see on the pic.

Finally layers, foam, ribbon and a charm made with the same die in mirror card!

Any questions just ask!

Enjoy...

14 comments:

  1. Hi John,This card is amazing, my favourite of your Christmas cards so far! The red and silver combined with the layout makes for a really classy card. Enjoy what's left of your stay in the UK.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing card John, I love it. Might just have to use that idea if you don`t mind. Really like the way you have done the bow with the charm.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Another stunner matey. I have that die set so may have to have a play.
    Saw the Baroque Christmas Tree at Melbicks garden centre in Coleshill yesterday and thought of you. Probably too far for you to get to now as its about 20 miles from you.
    Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mirror image look! I don't have that die set, but I do have an alternative Spellies bauble I could substitute. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Great card, love the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Love this card. Like Lesley I will have to use a different Spellbinder bauble. Enjoy the rest of your break. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very classy and stylish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. really like this card ,so classy looking .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW John. This is stunning. Love the way you've done the background with Versamark. Will have to have a play with that. I have a different bauble to yours but I suppose it could work although mine is a solid one.
    Is your case full yet?

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John

    A lovely card ,i like the colours and the idea of another bauble attached to the ribbon , lovely

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely as usual John, thank you. Me, I don't have any bauble dies (aahhh) I will have to wait to see if father Christmas obliges - since knowing you my list is growing.
    Hurry and get home away from OH's viruses! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John stunning Christmas Card,love everything about it,I do not have the Die ,but might HAVE to buy it.Enjoy the rest of the Holidays.
    Just to let you all know that Jennifer Swandells of Kraftty Keepsakes wad admitted to Hospital on Wed.,so you all might think of and send some good vibes her way.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello John, this is stunning and what fabulous colours. Beautiful dies and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card John. Have a good bank holiday weekend. Janice x

    ReplyDelete