Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 19 August 2013

House Of Cards August Challenge

Hi Guys,

This is my second post today as this one is timed to go out when the U.S. wakes up and the rest of the design team is up and posting!

Toady is the first day of the Classic and Elegant challenge at House Of Cards the design team.  This months challenge is a sketch entrants have to match the below sketch.

The above card is my interpretation of the sketch.

I interpreted the sketch as a gatefold card with an embossed panel across the centre.  I hand stamped butterflies using a brilliant opalescence ink pad mounted onto double teal and white layers.

The band is embossed in a honeycomb pattern with a scalloped circle, foam mounted, on top.  The centre circle is stamped with the same ink and stamp and I have added the sentiment and a collection of flowers and foliage.

Now it's your turn.  Show us your Classic and Elegant style using the sketch.  Don't forget to post your card on the House of Cards blog for all of us to admire.  If you need more inspiration click here to see what the other members of the design team have come up with.

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Lovely card, good choise of clolours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John WOW WOW WOW I love it,the stamping is superb,and the colour's atr fantastic,the best of luck with the challenge I might even have a go lol.
    smiles
    ita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design John and gorgeous embossing and dies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card John ,i like where you placed the sentiment with the flowers .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, but i do think the most outstanding part is those wonderful flowers LOL xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, I LOVE the gate fold card for the sketch--genius!!! Beautiful monochrome blues and I really adore the flowers framing the sentiment! Have a fabulous week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John.
    Two posts in one day, ambassador, you are spoiling us!!!
    Great card that certainly fits the brief. I might pluck up courage to actually enter a challenge one of these days.
    I think I get where Wendy is going, nudge nudge, wink wink!!!
    Buenos noches
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Love the interpretation of the sketch. Lovely butterflies and beautiful colour and flowers.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry this doesn't do anything for me!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card John! I love the stamped butterflys on it and the gatefold design! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful John, love the gatefold construction and the colours! SO SO elegant & a joy to behold! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. Loving the gatefold, and those little flowers are gorgeous! Take care.

    ReplyDelete